• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Should I get "Danube Front 85" or "North German Plain"?
02-12-2021, 07:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 12:58 AM by Indigo121.)
Should I get "Danube Front 85" or "North German Plain"?
I've enjoyed Fulda Gap and Mid-East 67. Now I'm considering which one of the above I should get next.

I'm looking for smaller scenarios- like those 10-20 round scenarios with only dozens of units and not hundreds. I can't handle big scenarios in these games.

Also, even though I know the premise is the WP on the offence and NATO on the defense, I enjoyed playing NATO on counter-offence in Fulda. Any of these two have a lot of that? I like the strategy of offense, not defense, and I prefer to play NATO.

I also considered Korea 85, but it looks like a gigantic front line. 

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2021, 07:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2021, 08:00 PM by phoenix.)
RE: Should I get "Danube Front 85" or "North German Plain"?
You can check out a lot of detail about the included scenarios in the scenario listings at the top of the page.

Here - https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/mc-0...s&game=119

That's for DF. Here's NGP:

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/mc-0...os&game=86

You can see there how many turns in each etc.

You probably already knew that though. I was playing NGP and FG and bought DF some time ago and found it didn't add much if you're not into really big scenarios. But I haven't played that much of any of them, or scrutinised very carefully. Best look at the listings. You can also usually download documentation from JTS without buying. .
02-12-2021, 08:00 PM,
(02-12-2021, 07:57 PM)phoenix Wrote: You can check out a lot of detail about the included scenarios in the scenario listings at the top of the page.

Here - https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/mc-0...s&game=119

That's for DF, as an example.

You probably already knew that though.  I was playing NGP and FG and bought DF some time ago and found it didn't add much if you're not into really big scenarios. But I haven't played that much of any of them, or scrutinised very carefully. Best look at the listings. You can also usually download documentation from JTS without buying. .

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this scenario listing. Very helpful.
02-15-2021, 01:34 PM,
The key difference is the terrain. In NGP it's, well, plains, with some forest and lots of urban, otherwise wide open. In DF, the WP have to cross a mountain chain, which narrows the area of operations significantly, at least in the first part.
02-16-2021, 12:48 AM,
In DF, as far as I know, it is the only title that has the big campaign Bolt out of the Blue in case you wanted it. With Bolt, you have all the games tied together for one campaign. It also includes Berlin and part of Denmark.
02-16-2021, 06:00 AM,
Yes. Get it.
02-19-2021, 12:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 12:58 AM by Kool Kat.)
Gent:  Smoke7

I recommend Danube Front '85.  Smile

It has balanced terrain - forests and urban areas, that benefit the numerically under dog NATO forces. The Danube River makes for interesting and challenging attack and defense challenges. Many of the campaign scenarios are a manageable 161 turns. It also has a number of good medium sized scenarios such as the following:

Ardennes of the 80's
The Neckar Grand Prix
High Road or Low Road?
The Eaglehorse at Bad Kissingen

I PBeM Danube Front '85 scenarios 3+ times more than the other Modern Campaigns games!  Big Grin
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email