• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Graphics and Play Mechanics
02-11-2021, 01:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2021, 01:41 AM by Kool Kat.)
Graphics and Play Mechanics
Gents:  Smoke7

I appreciate that players have a choice of high res or legacy Gold graphics. It is also good that players may mod either graphics packages.

However, there are play mechanics that go beyond aesthetics and impact how games play. Play mechanics require software code changes. But, I believe "how" a game plays is as important or maybe more so, as to how a game "looks."

Look how many years we operated with "vanilla" graphics before Gold and then high res graphics.

Will David and Co. work with John Tiller to address play mechanic issues?  Idea2  

I know players will help identify these game issues to facilitate such a work effort.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2021, 02:42 AM,
RE: Graphics and Play Mechanics
Some of the graphics can be modded by players to enhance the experienced and not all of them are just to make it look more pretty. In the Squad Battles lineup I used my custom graphics to show leaders, squads and weapons crews on the map at a glance, it's a huge improvement to having to click on each unit and look through a possibly overcrowded info strip.

As for play mechanics, that is something you have to take up directly with the software developer themselves. Perhaps a constructive email would get you a better answer.
02-11-2021, 06:29 AM,
RE: Graphics and Play Mechanics
As far as I know gameplay mechanic changes need changes directly in the code and while WDS has access and a programmer for PanzerBattles they don't have this for Panzer/Modern Campaigns.

Might be I remember that wrongly but I think all code changes for the Operational Campaigns must be done by John Tiller directly and he has little time especially as any change can have huge influences on the outcomes that must be considered/tested.

The developer talk with David from WDS shed some light that it might get possible but he didn't reveal any details on actual plans or roadmaps.
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis