• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Speed value
02-07-2021, 08:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2021, 08:52 PM by DerGrenadier89.)
Speed value
Every unit has a speed value. But what is this used for? Infantry often has a value of 4. I cant find anything in the manuals.
As far as I understand Infantry then moves with 4 KM/H. But why then movement points? I mean 4 KM/H would be 8 hexes in a 2 hr turn.
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2021, 10:39 PM,
RE: Speed value
To the best of my understanding, this value shows the speed of infantry foot unit on Primary road in Travel mode.

If you check this you will see that indeed, it will be 8 hexes in a turn.
02-07-2021, 11:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2021, 11:08 PM by ComradeP.)
Generally speaking, the Speed value times 6 is the number of movement points.

The value might be modified by quality if it's not C as per the explanation in the manual.

There is an exception to the explanation in the manual: Deployed infantry units with some form of motorized transport (for movement in T-mode) use the calculation for vehicle movement, which may or may not be intended. Deployed A quality infantry has 28 MP's even though technically it should have 26 with Speed value 4. Deployed E quality infantry has 19 even though technically it should have 21 with Speed value 4.
02-07-2021, 11:58 PM,
Thx for your help guys. It makes things a little bit clearer now.