• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modern Campaigns Middle East 77 "alt" scenarios
01-26-2021, 12:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2021, 03:20 AM by Panta.)
Modern Campaigns Middle East 77 "alt" scenarios
I wrongly posted this message on another forum, so I am replicating it here with my apologies:

I recently purchased again Tiller's MC ME67, the version I had was too old and I like the new interface and looks. Presently I am PBEM playing a scenario with a friend and I am enjoying it a lot.
Yet something caught me unaware: some of the "alt" scenarios use a different weapons database. To be precise, all tanks, whatever their model, have an effective range of one hex, while missiles keep their original range, like Saggers, with 2 hexes. I have noticed that the respective tank Hard hit and Defence values have been altered in many cases as well and all that added brings the need of a different tactical approach.
I am not arguing here about the convenience or not of any of the databases employed, but I didn't find any warning or explanation about that changes either in the scenario information or in the .text file informing of the numerous version changes (in my particular case I am playing v2.01).
Perhaps I missed something, I don't know, so please advise.
best,
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2021, 05:09 PM,
RE: Modern Campaigns Middle East 77 "alt" scenarios
IIRC the _alt scenarios come from the VolcanoMan mods and always used their own database. VolcanoMan made mods for many titles and his databases were intended to use same or similar values over all titles.

The _alt scenarios need certain optional rules and there should be a document in your game folder explaining them, without them they might not play out as intended. (I'm not on my gaming PC so I can't provide you more details, sorry).

This is the one issue I have with JT games that it gets confusing what optional rules you have to use for what scenarios but there is a discussion about this in another thread and future patches will probably include a list of optional rules directly in the scenario description :)
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
01-27-2021, 05:50 AM,
RE: Modern Campaigns Middle East 77 "alt" scenarios
Thank you, KAreil, that explain many things...
Best,
P.