• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Strange Bug in Chancellorsville
03-22-2021, 07:27 AM,
Strange Bug in Chancellorsville
Okay so I noticed this problem in a scenario I’m playing.  The shading for visible hexes and command radius is not working when in 2D zoom out mode.  Works in 3D mode, and works with 2D zoom in, and also 2D zoom way out, although in the later the rest of the map is black which is also kind of weird.  Don’t have the problem in any other ACW titles or JTS games in general.  Anyone ever see that and have any idea what I might have done to make it that way?  My opponent is not experiencing it, so I assume it’s a setting I have activated or inactivated.

Thanks in advance if anyone has an idea
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2021, 07:49 AM,
RE: Strange Bug in Chancellorsville
Paul, I have never knowingly had your issue however, since your opponent is not having the issue, it leads me to believe me that it is something on your side.

Are you up-to-date with your updates? Is your opponent?  What version (JTS/HPS) are you and your opponent using?

Are you using any 3rd party art mods and if so, which ones?

If you are using 3rd party mods hopefully you are using JSGME.

If you are, have you tried "shutting off" your mods to see if the problem is "fixed" or if it is still there?

If you are not using JSGME, I would be willing to look at your game file and load it up on my side to see if I can see what you are seeing.

Let me know.

Chad
03-22-2021, 08:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2021, 08:01 AM by Lowlander.)
Check out the hot fixes section at the very bottom of the official John Tiller software updates page, I do believe this is what you are looking for General.
03-22-2021, 10:44 AM,
(03-22-2021, 08:00 AM)Lowlander Wrote: Check out the hot fixes section at the very bottom of the official John Tiller software updates page, I do believe this is what you are looking for General.

Perfecto!!  Much obliged Sir (and I'm doubly glad to find out I'm not completely crazy and/or incompetent).
03-22-2021, 10:45 AM,
(03-22-2021, 07:49 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Paul, I have never knowingly had your issue however, since your opponent is not having the issue, it leads me to believe me that it is something on your side.

Are you up-to-date with your updates? Is your opponent?  What version (JTS/HPS) are you and your opponent using?

Are you using any 3rd party art mods and if so, which ones?

If you are using 3rd party mods hopefully you are using JSGME.

If you are, have you tried "shutting off" your mods to see if the problem is "fixed" or if it is still there?

If you are not using JSGME, I would be willing to look at your game file and load it up on my side to see if I can see what you are seeing.

Let me know.

Chad

Thanks Chad, Lowlander sorted me out.  While I have you though, what is JSGME?
03-22-2021, 12:01 PM,
(03-22-2021, 10:45 AM)Steel God Wrote: Thanks Chad, Lowlander sorted me out.  While I have you though, what is JSGME?

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=65299

A super-handy and easy to use program.

If you take the time to set it up in your games, it can easily become your best friend especially when the games are updated, which happens regularly.

If you have any questions, just ask, via forum or via email.