• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Status of fire effect calculation changes?
01-19-2021, 10:28 AM,
RE: Status of fire effect calculation changes?
(01-19-2021, 09:32 AM)Green Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 09:11 AM)Xerxes77 Wrote: Even so, it took me an embarrassingly long time and many tests to realize the Fire Value printed therein corresponds to a unit firing at full strength, and before terrain/quality/effectiveness modifiers are applied.

Yes, but when you say 'full strength' the value does reflect the Infantry Fire Effectiveness adjustment as well as halving or quartering adjustments due to things such as Disruption/Low Ammo/Digging In and Travel mode. Any range adjustment is also included I believe.

It is complex, which is why it is not useful.

That is correct, the value ignores the unit's current manpower (that's what took me a lot to realize) but reflects the result of the infantry effectiveness adjustment -provided as "(inf xx%)"- along with the disruption halving and the other conditions all together. Terrain and morale modifiers are provided separately, the former labeled as "Modifier" and the latter simply as "mod"... confusing to say the least!

Ahem, sorry for derailing the thread in my evergoing quest for detailed and plentiful info in wargames Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2021, 11:03 AM,
RE: Status of fire effect calculation changes?
Also, I have to say, usually the manual is well written and clearly laid out. Every time I want to refer to it, I come away satisfied that I understand the mechanics. This is not always the case for other wargames. Great job guys!
Quote this message in a reply