• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NO SAVE PBEM option bugged?
01-21-2021, 06:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 06:41 PM by phoenix.)
NO SAVE PBEM option bugged?
I don't understand what the 'no save PBEM' option is for. If it's meant to stop cheating then a better implementation would be a 'forced save PBEM' option, whereby whenever you closed a PBEM game you were forced to save it. 

As it is, I cannot play with that option because it stops you breaking down bigger games into manageable sessions. In a recent Scheldt '44 PBEM game - with NikolaiB - I started the game without the option and after he had finished his turn it came back to me with the rule chosen and fixed forever, with no way of getting rid of it. This was because, it seems, when he opened the game the option was set as on, on his machine. This then worked to overrule my choices and then there was no way back. The game will have to be started again. 

This seems like a bug. Or at least a feature that works in an odd way. Hence I report it here. 

Does anyone else have any experience of this, and know a way around this? Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2021, 12:54 AM,
RE: NO SAVE PBEM option bugged?
I thought this was just an issue with the just new engine, but I loaded up Kharkov - Gold (not updated) and the same thing will happen.

Also, I really like the forced save idea.
01-22-2021, 12:59 AM,
I think when they first used  the "No SAVE PBEM Option" it is kind of a anti cheating device.I won't play with it on because in a lot of scenarios they can take awhile to do a turn specifically Campaign scenarios which some of them can take over 2 hours to do a turn and I cant sit and do a turn like that in one sitting.
01-22-2021, 02:49 PM,
So you can fix it by simply going back to the last turn you had going with it off, and making sure your opponent starts the game and plays his turn from scratch, making sure he doesn't have the no save option selected. The setting carries over, so he has to manually change it - and probably you also when you get the turn back. That is assuming one of you saved that last turn without the setting on and he can play it again.
[Image: exercise.png]
01-22-2021, 05:53 PM,
Yep. Thanks. Got it.