• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

turning off hand drawn maps EAW
12-23-2020, 05:55 AM,
Help  turning off hand drawn maps EAW
Does anyone know how to turn off the hand drawn maps in EAW games.  Other games have an menu option to turn them on and off.  Can't find it in EAW.

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2020, 07:05 AM,
RE: turning off hand drawn maps EAW
(12-23-2020, 05:55 AM)Scaz Wrote: Does anyone know how to turn off the hand drawn maps in EAW games.  Other games have an menu option to turn them on and off.  Can't find it in EAW.

Thanks.

I don't know that you can, however assuming that you want to keep them, highlight the Maps folder in your program -- right click and change the name to something else -- like:  xMaps   or stockMaps  -that essentially puts them in a location where the program won't be able to look for them.

Alternately, just remove that folder entirely from your game folder.
Bydand
Send this user an email
12-24-2020, 08:30 AM,
RE: turning off hand drawn maps EAW
(12-23-2020, 07:05 AM)_72z Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 05:55 AM)Scaz Wrote: Does anyone know how to turn off the hand drawn maps in EAW games.  Other games have an menu option to turn them on and off.  Can't find it in EAW.

Thanks.

I don't know that you can, however assuming that you want to keep them, highlight the Maps folder in your program -- right click and change the name to something else -- like:  xMaps   or stockMaps  -that essentially puts them in a location where the program won't be able to look for them.

Alternately, just remove that folder entirely from your game folder.

Thanks for the response 72z.  That's what I ended up doing.  Just renamed to "maps.bak" and it worked.