• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New WF Scn Posted
01-11-2021, 04:46 AM,
New Game  New WF Scn Posted
My first new scn in a while:  

Best played HvH.   Objective is to capture the Devil's Lair......       Maisy Battery (The Devil's Lair) was one of the largest German defensive positions in the American landing area on D-day. It had the role of defending the coast behind the western end of Omaha Sector and at the southern edge of Utah Sector. The battery is located 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from Pointe du Hoc, a key objective for the US Rangers during D-Day. The battery was garrisoned by elements of the 352nd and 716th Infantry and Artillery Divisions, plus Flak Regiment No. 1 consisting of twelve 88-mm anti-aircraft artillery pieces sent to protect the battery shortly before D-Day on 5 June 1944.[1]:162,175–176
 Fouchers' Farm was destroyed by naval shelling from the USS Shubrick (DD-639) on 7 June 1944. The other two sites remained operational until they were assaulted by the US 2nd Rangers and the US 5th Rangers on 9 June.

The batteries at Maisy were D-Day mission objective Number 6 as given to Colonel James Rudder in his Operation Neptune intelligence and US 1st Infantry Division orders. However, he did not brief his men to carry out the mission to Maisy. Historian Gary Sterne, in a book published in 2014, suggests that Rudder disobeyed orders calling on him to continue to Maisy after taking Pointe du Hoc. The Rangers stayed at Pointe du Hoc for some days until relieved, which kept them from completing their D-day orders and away from the Maisy site - as well as the D-day Phase Line which was their main target for the evening of 6 June.[1]:293 This allowed the guns at Maisy to continue to shell troops in both the Omaha Beach and Utah Beach sectors for three days after the landings.

Scn Name is Devil's Lair.   Files are Maisy.zip

Attached Files
.zip   maisy.zip (Size: 40.51 KB / Downloads: 14)
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2021, 08:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2021, 08:37 AM by zap.)
RE: New WF Scn Posted
Thank you Majog for introducing another scenario for CS West front. Its much appreciated. By the way, your description of the scenario was well done.
01-12-2021, 06:36 AM,
Nice looking scenario. I'll offer to play anyone if they're interested. 

Tankertony>>>
01-12-2021, 11:06 PM,
(01-12-2021, 06:36 AM)Tankertony Wrote: Nice looking scenario. I'll offer to play anyone if they're interested. 

Tankertony>>>

Tank-man, I can do a slow game, 1-2 turns / weekend, if you're looking for faster turns tho, not a prob.

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
01-13-2021, 12:23 AM,
Hi,

playing better with EA or not ???

Peter
Send this user an email