• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Air support issue (PzC Market Garden as Allies)
01-08-2021, 06:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2021, 06:45 PM by skc007.)
Help  Air support issue (PzC Market Garden as Allies)
Wargamers,

In JTS PzB "Market Garden" as Allies I am having a frustrating issue. 
I just cannot seem to be able to use much of my available air power. Sometimes it works but often not, esp high level bombers. I keep on getting "Unspotted"  or a "cannot be spotted by subordinate unit message" (even though ground Units are right next to the enemy hex and spotted highlight shows spotted.)

I suspect there need to be Units designated specifically to the air arm but there seems to be little help in the manuals etc.
Any help appreciated. (Need all help I can get, as am losing with only 30 moves left!):

Thanks in advance.
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2021, 11:58 PM,
RE: Air support issue (PzC Market Garden as Allies)
Are you playing with the original HPS version or the newer Gold version?

I am still learning the system, I have a bunch of the older HPS versions (Market Garden included) and 2.5 of the Gold versions (the .5 being the free demo Mius).

Just playing the Getting Started of MG (HPS versions) and I moved my recon units out and discovered a German unit, brought in air and to my surprise eliminated it with an air strike!

Here is a close up of the aftereffect. (sorry for the large size I have a 4k monitor):

[Image: sSWLISD.png]

A more zoomed out view:
[Image: l83oDhE.png]

I think a lot depends on the unit spotting, and sometimes certain units can spot for specific air (and artillery) units.

Which scenario are you playing and which version (i.e. HPS or Gold).

The screenshots above are from HPS original version, but I applied the Gold (only) artwork and part of the mods from Jison as well.
01-09-2021, 12:12 AM,
Lovely! I occasionally get some good air hits (those Typhoons are deadly) but much of the time just get those "unspotted" messages. Wish the manuals were more specific on this.
Its the newer 'Gold' version. Love your graphics! (I guess result of 4k monitor?) I have 1920x1080 and often struggle to see.
Thanks for reply.
01-09-2021, 07:58 AM,
You are not trying to spot with airborne units are you ?
01-09-2021, 03:40 PM,
The default rules include Limited Air Recon. Along with other default rules, you can't strike ground units with air unless the targets are spotted by a unit in the same command. Looking at the oob and remembering back, I think the limited air recon rule was added for this game. Basically, the British air units only supported the forces pushing toward the airborne troops. So the oob has all the air in the 2nd Army. They won't be able to strike German units that are only spotted by airborne forces.

I don't know if that is your situation but it would explain the issue.

And showing my memory isn't so bad, from the changes.txt included in the game:

- Added new Limited Air Recon optional rule (see Main Program documentation
under Optional Rules Dialog).

So you can look at more details as noted on the rule.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]