• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Austerlitz - no movement sounds
01-02-2021, 04:41 AM,
Help  Campaign Austerlitz - no movement sounds
Hello together,

i have yesterday bought some of the Napoleonic Battles Games in the JTS Store and installed them. All the titles work fine, except in Campaign Austerlitz i have some sound problems (mainly no marching sounds when units move.)
I also redownloaded the game and did a fresh install, but the problem is staying the same. Can you give me advice what i should also try or is this maybe a bug ?

All the other titles (Marengo, Waterloo etc.) work correct...

Thanks in advance
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2021, 05:54 AM,
RE: Campaign Austerlitz - no movement sounds
(01-02-2021, 04:41 AM)masp_3 Wrote: Hello together,

i have yesterday bought some of the Napoleonic Battles Games in the JTS Store and installed them. All the titles work fine, except in Campaign Austerlitz i have some sound problems (mainly no marching sounds when units move.)
I also redownloaded the game and did a fresh install, but the problem is staying the same. Can you give me advice what i should also try or is this maybe a bug ?

Thanks in advance

Check the settings.
01-02-2021, 09:21 AM,
a_Arrow  RE: Campaign Austerlitz - no movement sounds
(01-02-2021, 04:41 AM)masp_3 Wrote: Hello together,

Thanks in advance

As Liebchen suggested, check your settings to make sure all of the sound settings are selected.

Also open your game and in the top-middle of the screen select "Help" and next select "About".

Make sure your game version is the most updated one, when comparing it to the last released update version, which is found here:

https://johntillersoftware.com/Updates.html
01-02-2021, 07:34 PM,
(01-02-2021, 09:21 AM)As Liebchen suggested, check your settings to make sure all of the sound settings are selected. Wrote: Also open your game and in the top-middle of the screen select "Help" and next select "About".

Make sure your game version is the most updated one, when comparing it to the last released update version, which is found here:

https://johntillersoftware.com/Updates.html

Yes, i have checked this. Turned off and on the Sound Effects and also checked that i have the current version (1.04).
The strange thing is that i have attack sound effects, but no moving sounds.
And all the other JTS games works fine, only with Austerlitz i have this error.

But when you all don´t have this problem with current Austerlitz, then maybe my download was corrupt. I will try again in a few days.

But thanks for the advices
01-02-2021, 09:44 PM,
You might want to check the Campaign Austerlitz folder for these subdirectories:

Background - 8 Files
Media - 101 Files
Music - 16 Files
01-03-2021, 12:12 AM,
Sound Effects doesn't work for me either, but Background Sounds does the same job.
01-03-2021, 04:55 AM,
Not sure but if you are just missing a few files I think they are pretty much the same for movement sounds across the series so you could probably just copy them from another game if you have one.
01-03-2021, 08:47 PM,
Indeed, for what it is worth, I remember having had to do this on a Panzer Campaign or American Civil War game that was missing some sounds. I just took the sound files of another game of the series and copied them. Done.

I do not know why the sound files were missing and can’t be bothered to spend time on it either.