• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France 14 -Team PBEM-- 1-3 players needed Schlieffen Plan Scenario HUGE
01-01-2021, 10:02 PM,
Opponent Needed  France 14 -Team PBEM-- 1-3 players needed Schlieffen Plan Scenario HUGE
I am running a team PBEM for France 14 John Tiller. The in game scenario is "Home Before the Leaves Fall". Its essentially the meat of the Schlieffen plan after the fall of Liege (maybe Namur I mix up the geography in my head) in Belgium. Its is over 150 turns, covers a huge area of land and has TONS of units to control. 7 armies for Germany and I think 5 or 6 for France plus the British Expeditionary Force and the Belgium Army. 

What we have and what we need. So far since I started recruiting members for this huge undertaking we have the French side pretty much filled out. Someone playing the Belgium army, someone playing the BEF and then the leader of the allies playing the entire French army. At first I wanted to split up the French army as to make it more realistic and less of a burden for one player. Thing is I didnt expect anyone to play just the Belgium's so there are already 3 players on the allies side so as of now and probably throughout a fellow Blitz club member will be acting as General Joffre. Lets just hope he answers his DMs during lunch and naptime. ;)

For the Germans I will be Chief of the German General Staff. I prefer Falkenhayn over Moltke or Ludendorff but I digress. At first I wanted to maybe play 2 armies but as of now I will be playing the main thrust into France as 1st-3rd armies. Then we have a fellow from Austria that requested to play the Bavarian troops as its close to his homeland. I assigned him Prince Ruprecht Bavarian 6th and also the 7th army. They are the furthest south on the French line. That leaves 4th and 5th armies in the middle of the line. I definitely need someone to play those armies and maybe also help out with 3rd army. 

We are going to have some house rules to add realism where I can. Before we start there can be unlimited strategizing but once we get started strategy talk will be limited to 3-4 times per in game 24 hour period. For the allies this wont be as hard because the 3 nations are played by 3 separate players. For the Germans though that may cause some issues. Nothing any harder then Von Kluck and Von Bulow trying to communicate through the use of telegraph, wireless and runners.  The rest will be decided and talked about as we get closer to Eagle Day - opening moves. 

ONe of the players needs until mid January so that is when we are going to start. I need at least 1 player plus Id love to add a couple backups in case life happens and we lose anyone. ALso if it goes smoothly but slow or people have trouble moving so many troops we may bring in people to take over an army or a few divisions. 

Ill set up a discord over the next few days. For now just message me here or via my posted email and lmk what youd like to do or if you have any questions. My goal is to make this a truly epic and realistic wargaming experience. WW1 buffs preferred but not required. Most importantly though I want it to be fun. Cheers and Happy New Year!
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2021, 05:21 PM,
RE: France 14 -Team PBEM-- 1-3 players needed Schlieffen Plan Scenario HUGE
Email sent
Quote this message in a reply