• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NEW UPDATES
01-16-2021, 12:38 PM,
RE: NEW UPDATES
(01-15-2021, 10:05 AM)Strela Wrote: Salerno is Western Front.

For France ‘40, Mike Prucha is actually adjusting a number of scenarios based on feedback, additional research and some of the new rules. No confirmation on when that will be ready, but we have the graphical update done.

David

F40 will 90% probably be my next PzC purchase, so yay! Your folks' support for these games regardless of age is amazing.
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2021, 01:34 AM,
(01-15-2021, 10:02 AM)Strela Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 08:03 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 06:35 AM)LordFowl Wrote: New guy here (though not new to wargames) -

Question: will the FWWC games get the gold/2D engine updates, and if so what time frame?

Welcome, always great to see new members.

As far as I know there are no plans to update the FWWC graphics at this time.

I believe Jison is aware of the higher resolution. I’m certain he will utilise it when he has time.

David
Just spoke to Jison who confirmed he will be using the higher resolution graphics in the future.  Big Grin
01-21-2021, 08:12 AM,
(01-17-2021, 01:34 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 06:35 AM)LordFowl Wrote: New guy here (though not new to wargames) -

Question: will the FWWC games get the gold/2D engine updates, and if so what time frame?

I believe Jison is aware of the higher resolution. I’m certain he will utilise it when he has time.

David
Just spoke to Jison who confirmed he will be using the higher resolution graphics in the future.  Big Grin

Excellent news, will this just be the FWWC games which he works on or the whole PZC series.
I over stepped the mark with my take on F'40 and M'44 modding.
[Image: 19.png]
01-21-2021, 02:05 PM,
Wow, looks pretty!
01-21-2021, 03:47 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: NEW UPDATES
Great work, Ian. Very easy on the eye. Looking forward to your mods!

John
01-21-2021, 06:33 PM,
(01-21-2021, 08:12 AM)Lowlander Wrote:

David

Excellent news, will this just be the FWWC games which he works on or the whole PZC series.

To each his own. Especially if you've put in the hard work to mod it. If Jison were to give the FWWC graphics treatment to the PC series and I wasn't able to get rid of it by modding then I would stop playing the series. I really don't like those graphics, as I've said many times, and I'm definitely not the only one. All these graphics changes should be optional, if possible, as David/Strela has been doing with his changes. I just really wish that the Jison treatment - given to FWWC France 14 AFTER I'd bought it without that appearance - had been an optional change that could be rolled back, as the PC changes have been. 

But in any case, I can't see why Jison would have anything to do with the PC series, since we've just been given a superb graphical update by David, already with hi-res in there, and his overhaul looks great. 
01-21-2021, 08:41 PM,
(01-21-2021, 06:33 PM)phoenix Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 08:12 AM)Lowlander Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 08:03 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Welcome, always great to see new members.

David

To each his own. Especially if you've put in the hard work to mod it. If Jison were to give the FWWC graphics treatment to the PC series and I wasn't able to get rid of it by modding then I would stop playing the series. I really don't like those graphics, as I've said many times, and I'm definitely not the only one. All these graphics changes should be optional, if possible, as David/Strela has been doing with his changes. I just really wish that the Jison treatment - given to FWWC France 14 AFTER I'd bought it without that appearance - had been an optional change that could be rolled back, as the PC changes have been. 

But in any case, I can't see why Jison would have anything to do with the PC series, since we've just been given a superb graphical update by David, already with hi-res in there, and his overhaul looks great. 

All the addition artwork is optional, your decision, furthermore I'm not going to push this out of respect for Jison.

Downloaded and installed Scheldt'44 on the Saturday release date, made a copy into another folder, modded this game within one hour, next day Sunday. tweaked it after some initial game play, between watching three live football matches.

Phoenix, you mentioned in another thread you have a form of colour blindness, OK, I'm a old guy with spectacles and my vision is checked for free once a year.
01-21-2021, 08:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 08:48 PM by phoenix.)
Have loved other things you've done, Lowlander - and been v grateful - I wasn't having a go at you for modding - I was reacting only to your question as to whether Jison was going to officially mod the PC graphics. I realise that there are many who love jison's graphics, and that's cool, but if the only posts in here are posts saying how wonderful Jison's graphics are then those who don't go for them won't get factored into the mix when decisions are made about using his work (as already happened with the FWWC series...), hence I feel the need to represent my opinion about his PC mod whenever some such query arises. To keep it balanced.
01-21-2021, 11:54 PM,
The only way for all this stuff to be balanced is making them optional. One may like this map with some other graphics or these graphics with some other map. If they were all added as optional, then you can play mix and match until you get what you want. Can it be done? Yes is a possibility. Would it be easy to do? Don't know.
01-22-2021, 03:51 AM,
(01-21-2021, 08:45 PM)phoenix Wrote: Have loved other things you've done, Lowlander - and been v grateful - I wasn't having a go at you for modding - I was reacting only to your question as to whether Jison was going to officially mod the PC graphics. I realise that there are many who love jison's graphics, and that's cool, but if the only posts in here are posts saying how wonderful Jison's graphics are then those who don't go for them won't get factored into the mix when decisions are made about using his work (as already happened with the FWWC series...), hence I feel the need to represent my opinion about his PC mod whenever some such query arises. To keep it balanced.

Mmmm,  jison updates his WW1 graphics to Strela's high res file dimensions ( I.E. 200D or Mag ) all users would theoretical be able to switch game map files, so you could switch Strela's Hi Res files into your WW1 games or vice-versa.
Happy now !!!.

Hopefully Jison will update all his mod's  with the additional 200D, Mag and counter Mag files at his web page.