• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Smolensk'41 Russian artillery info graphic problem
12-21-2020, 04:21 AM,
Smolensk'41 Russian artillery info graphic problem
Hi, everyone.
I've just launched my update Smolensk'41 a first scenario, and noticed cuorius thing.
Some russian artillery units with horse transport in info bar have icon of truck or tractor or hlaftrack.
I've rapidly went to folder with unit graphics and I noticed that artillery with horse icons exist but programm don't recognize it.
How I can fix this?
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2020, 05:23 AM,
RE: Smolensk'41 Russian artillery info graphic problem
I do not think this is an update issue. It is function of which unit picture is assigned to a particular unit in the OOB file. For Smolensk there are a number of OOB files and you would need to make the change for each affected unit in each file that required it. This could be quite a large job.

The main instances I have noticed are with horse drawn AA and AT guns showing truck images. I have also seen 'motorized' infantry with a truck symbol even though they only have foot speed as their vehicles were lost. There may be other examples.
12-21-2020, 05:44 AM,
It can definitely be a big project. I got a wild hair and decided to update the oob file for the Normandy Grand Campaign scenario since many of the units didn't have the correct graphics file assigned and were showing up without graphics. Took me probably 12-16 hours. On the other hand, I totally understand the frustration when the graphics don't match the unit capabilities.
12-21-2020, 06:43 AM,
I remember that the first time I saw something like that happen, it was in someone's mods (talking like about 10 years ago or so)  -and in PzC - it was about finding one (usually it existed already in some form or other somewhere ---sometimes in another title), and then (I think) using the OOB editor.

It's definitely a quality control issue; I need to track down the scenario though and see if mine is like that.
Bydand
Send this user an email
12-21-2020, 07:24 AM,
Okay. Thanks for comments. 
I can live with this.
12-21-2020, 05:20 PM,
Aside from situations where the NATO counters don't match the movement type in T-mode, there are also situations where the counters are correct but the type of transport shown in the unit info box isn't (as in: a half-track is shown, but movement is motorized and the counter correctly shows wheeled movement). The first time I noticed that on a large scale was when the Panzer Battles graphics were "ported" to PzC starting around the Gold updates. I may simply not have noticed it before