• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Important---Need Your Your Feedback On Blitz Future Design
12-25-2020, 10:14 PM,
RE: Important---Need Your Your Feedback On Blitz Future Design
(12-22-2020, 10:44 PM)Steel God Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 07:33 AM)lezgo killemall Wrote: Id just like to be able to respond to a thread without have to reply to someone.

I have always thought that was a bit odd myself.

Well I'm old enough to remember when the current format was "the new Blitz".  I think the point about us being mostly old men is important.  I look at the Birthdays in the bottom of the frame when I log in and I believe I've only seen 1 that was south of 40, and most seem to be in the 55+ range, with high numbers in 60s not being strange.  The basic point being is that we're all old enough that we realize it's more important that the car starts and runs well than how it looks.  The Forum software works well enough but if it were tweaked it wouldn't be a bad thing.  As others have said, don't force it into a FakeBook Page or anything that commits you to being partnered with anyone anywhere ever.  Insert Mel Gibson in Braveheart screaming Freedom.  

The point was raised about content which is not used, and I agree with that.  No one uses Matchmaking (or ever really did) that I know, most just post on the forums for a game.  No one ever uses Chat which was a feature from when actual chat services didn't exist, and now we live in the age where you can play live and converse while you do it. 

I always wish the Scenario Database was more "loved", tended by a Custodian who wanted to keep it all up to date and uniform, like a real library of sorts, in part because I'm a little OCD like that, but more because I think a proper Scenario DB encourages people to create and to it.  When it looks like the abandoned house at the end of the block it doesn't inspire confidence that contributions will be properly cared for.

Best improvement that could be made.........one thing I have been terribly saddened by is he almost complete lack of Tournament play here.  I think I found one Tourney in the CS area (the old war horses that they are) in the past few years.  Tourney's create opportunity for players to be forced to play new people, instead of playing the same few over and over.  Some of the best partners I ever had I acquired by playing in a Tourney.  They also sparked discussion on the boards, and the idea of a nice medal for your profile or a free game always brings out the best in people.

Paul always brings points that matter when he speaks.. He came back to guide us again!
Whip

Tournaments are a big absence, the luck of the draw to play against someone, you avoid on the forums, perhaps  for their spaz, or stoic dry responses, and then you find them to be a great opponent, in many other games, as well.
 As an aging bunch of old gamers, we are set in our ways, and the "kids" might turn you off, until you become their teacher, and then have to threaten to kill them, if they call you "Grandpa" Whistle

A dedicated scenario custodian... AWESOME thought!
The Scenario DB has always been the basement office of our club..  Many of us tried back in the day, to make it work, but with 2000+ hands in the cookie jar, nobody was entering data in the same consistent manners and it shows these days.

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Important---Need Your Your Feedback On Blitz Future Design - by RedDevil - 12-25-2020, 10:14 PM