• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Replay from another scenario shown that I haven't played
12-20-2020, 09:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 09:38 AM by ComradeP.)
Replay from another scenario shown that I haven't played
When I tried to view the replay of a Herbst Sturm turn from a game with Fhil, a replay of an Allied turn of the Meijel scenario popped up. I had opened the replay with my Axis password. I haven't played the Meijel scenario yet. The game then gave an error message titled Replay Error "error reading from replay file", prompted the usual end of the battle replay message and switched to Herbst Sturm and the turn seemed to load normally.

I think this happened once or twice before since 2012, but I'm not entirely sure.

Did anyone else encounter this issue recently?
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2020, 09:33 AM,
RE: Replay from another scenario shown that I haven't played
I have not seen it in PzC, but we have had some odd replay issues with FWWC team games. Not sure it was the same though.

I am thinking that your opponent had played Meijel in some sort of conjunction around your game too, and it used the replay from the incorrect game. The game uses the same temp files for certain things, so I can see where playing two scenarios in a certain way may do this - possibly with two copies of the game open, but maybe not.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-20-2020, 09:43 PM,
RE: Replay from another scenario shown that I haven't played
I´m trying to recall if I was playing them one by one, or I had open both games in the same time for a while. Herbst Sturm is a bigger scenario, and Meijel is a short one, within 5 minutes or so to do your turn. It is possible that when I saw the turn coming there while playing Herbst, I switched in order to quickly send it back as we have a great pace there with my opponent Pawel. Then I proceeded to continue in my Herbst turn. I am not 100% sure, but it is possible it happened that way.