• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rail Capacity Variation - Serbia '14
12-20-2020, 05:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 05:01 AM by Doctor.)
Rail Capacity Variation - Serbia '14
I am 220 turns deep into the 4th Invasion scenario playing the Allied side.   At the start I has a rail capacity of 6 and it was eventually reduced to zero.  Several times, however, the Command Report dialog informed that my rail capacity had changed by 5 but the parameter data shows no change from zero and no units can change to rail mode.  Is this a bug or could it be that the game engine is reducing my rail capacity to a sub zero level?
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2020, 05:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 05:07 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Rail Capacity Variation - Serbia '14
I also ran into that one in the game I wrote an AAR for, and it was a bit frustrating as I had expected rail capacity to be 1 for the remainder of the game after the change. It's an oversight in the scenario design, the rail capacity change isn't set to One Time, but is applied each day (it's cumulative, though it can't be lower than 0).
01-01-2021, 05:40 AM,
RE: Rail Capacity Variation - Serbia '14
Whoops, I'll fix that in the next update.

If its any consolation, the Allied reinforcements arrive by rail in the south, already on trains, and beyond that there was never intended to be any serious ability to rail back up again. I probably intended there to be a single point of rail capacity though, just for moving one unit. So in other words, besides the annoying command report, it doesn't really break the campaign.

Anyway, thanks for reporting it and I will take care of it.
Send this user an email