• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Can't change avatar
12-18-2020, 08:06 AM,
Can't change avatar
A silly question really, but I am trying to change my avatar for the forum and when I click 'update' after selecting an image I get a message which says 'A member with that username already exists'. Help?
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2020, 08:26 AM,
RE: Can't change avatar
The forum software is its own entity within the site and I suspect our Webmaster didn't set things up so you could change your avatar through the forum settings.

So can you try to change your avatar by clicking the "spanner/screwdriver" Control Panel button in the top right hand corner of the page (just under the PayPal image), then select "Avatar" and then "Avatars Gallery", hopefully there will be a replacement image you like, select it and hit "update" and see if your profile and forum avatar has been changed?
12-18-2020, 08:32 AM,
"So can you try to change your avatar by clicking the "spanner/screwdriver" Control Panel button in the top right hand corner of the page (just under the PayPal image), then select "Avatar" and then "Avatars Gallery", hopefully there will be a replacement image you like, select it and hit "update" and see if your profile and forum avatar has been changed?"

That's pretty much exactly what I was trying to do. It's no drama if it doesn't get resolved.
12-18-2020, 08:44 AM,
(12-18-2020, 08:32 AM)CountryBoy Wrote: "So can you try to change your avatar by clicking the "spanner/screwdriver" Control Panel button in the top right hand corner of the page (just under the PayPal image), then select "Avatar" and then "Avatars Gallery", hopefully there will be a replacement image you like, select it and hit "update" and see if your profile and forum avatar has been changed?"

That's pretty much exactly what I was trying to do. It's no drama if it doesn't get resolved.

If you are still having issues with it, email me the image you wish to use, and I will load it up for you.