• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some oddities in Scheldte
12-17-2020, 11:13 AM,
Some oddities in Scheldte
[Image: 2020-12-14_18h00_16.png]
This mech infantry unit is unable to use the bridge crossing tool to cross this bridge. It has 100% of its MP. As you can see, the movement range indicator says that it can move there. But it refuses to budge. (It is not disrupted, either, so it isn't that.
[Image: 2020-12-12_14h10_59.png]
This AVRE was ordered to build a bridge. Oddly, the unit card says "plotted"! Still not sure if it's building a bridge.
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2020, 09:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-17-2020, 09:24 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: Some oddities in Scheldte
Are you sure you're only trying to move the 1st, Canadian Scots unit? I could move the unit into that hex normally using full MP's when I tried to recreate what you're seeing in Calais. Is the unit using hard half-track movement in your case or is it On Foot? I tried both, and both worked.

As to the AVRE: that might be an issue, as it never constructed a bridge in the 34 or so turns it was "plotted" in my case. That might be a code error.
12-18-2020, 03:05 AM,
(12-17-2020, 09:21 PM)ComradeP Wrote: Are you sure you're only trying to move the 1st, Canadian Scots unit? I could move the unit into that hex normally using full MP's when I tried to recreate what you're seeing in Calais. Is the unit using hard half-track movement in your case or is it On Foot? I tried both, and both worked.
This was the message the program gave me:
[Image: 2020-12-14_06h54_55.png]
12-18-2020, 03:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-18-2020, 03:48 AM by ComradeP.)
I can make that move with reachable hexes on and dragging, when simply right clicking on the hex or when right clicking with reachable hexes on and never get an error message.

There is one situation where I get that error message: if I have another unit not in T-mode and 1st, Canadian Scots in T-mode selected or when 1st, Canadian Scots isn't in T-mode. It doesn't report that the unit can't cross the hexside, but instead mentions that the unit can't move ZOC to ZOC.
12-18-2020, 04:07 AM,
(12-18-2020, 03:48 AM)ComradeP Wrote: I can make that move with reachable hexes on and dragging, when simply right clicking on the hex or when right clicking with reachable hexes on and never get an error message.

There is one situation where I get that error message: if I have another unit not in T-mode and 1st, Canadian Scots in T-mode selected or when 1st, Canadian Scots isn't in T-mode. It doesn't report that the unit can't cross the hexside, but instead mentions that the unit can't move ZOC to ZOC.

I couldn't recreate it from the old email file, so you're probably right that I had not unclicked a deployed unit.
12-19-2020, 11:41 AM,
(12-17-2020, 11:13 AM)Liebchen Wrote: [Image: 2020-12-14_18h00_16.png]
This mech infantry unit is unable to use the bridge crossing tool to cross this bridge. It has 100% of its MP. As you can see, the movement range indicator says that it can move there. But it refuses to budge. (It is not disrupted, either, so it isn't that.
[Image: 2020-12-12_14h10_59.png]
This AVRE was ordered to build a bridge. Oddly, the unit card says "plotted"! Still not sure if it's building a bridge.

We are testing a fix for this. This was due to the change to increase the AVRE's capabilities. 

We will let all know if there is a hotfix or a full patch released.

Thanks,

David