• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Unit is not facing target?
12-13-2020, 08:30 PM,
Unit is not facing target?
Hopefully someone can let me know why this is happening.

In the image below, I am trying to order the middle grouping of artillery to fire on the French infantry, either the nearest units or the ones further away. The artillery unit is unlimbered and has not moved this turn. When I select the unit and try and fire on any of the French infantry in LOS I get a message "Firing unit is not facing target". The same applies for the artillery unit to the south of the middle unit. Why is that? How can it be that it is not facing the target? Any assistance is appreciated.

[Image: Waterloo.JPG]
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2020, 12:14 AM,
RE: Unit is not facing target?
(12-13-2020, 08:30 PM)CountryBoy Wrote: Hopefully someone can let me know why this is happening.

In the image below, I am trying to order the middle grouping of artillery to fire on the French infantry, either the nearest units or the ones further away. The artillery unit is unlimbered and has not moved this turn. When I select the unit and try and fire on any of the French infantry in LOS I get a message "Firing unit is not facing target". The same applies for the artillery unit to the south of the middle unit. Why is that? How can it be that it is not facing the target? Any assistance is appreciated.

[Image: Waterloo.JPG]

Attached Files
.jpg   Waterloo.jpg (Size: 279.75 KB / Downloads: 70)
12-14-2020, 12:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-14-2020, 12:16 AM by LFDLM.)
The unit facing the corner of hexe, so you have this field of fire :

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4997]

Attached Files
.jpg   Waterloo.jpg (Size: 279.75 KB / Downloads: 337)
12-14-2020, 12:18 AM,
I've always found it a bit annoying that the facing of the symbols on the counter are not quite right, there's a recent mod that I think is less ambiguous on this point.
12-14-2020, 08:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-14-2020, 08:10 AM by CountryBoy.)
(12-14-2020, 12:15 AM)LFDLM Wrote: The unit facing the corner of hexe, so you have this field of fire :

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4997]

Thanks LFDLM. I had no idea that the unit facing was shaped like that. It seems very uneven, like it can shoot almost at a 90 degree angle to the left, but only a 45 degree angle to the right. No wonder I am so poor at the Nappy games.
12-18-2020, 05:37 AM,
The biggest flaw in the game's graphics is, in my opinion, the difficulty to quickly and accurately appreciate both the orientation and the type of formation of the units. Correcting this was one of the reasons for making my graphical mod

[Image: Mod.jpg?dl=0]
12-18-2020, 06:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-18-2020, 06:45 AM by phoenix.)
That mod looks great. Where can I get it? I see the 7YW one in the mods section, but not the Napoleonic one.
12-18-2020, 10:44 PM,
Link to Napoleonic mod:  https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid440839
12-19-2020, 12:18 AM,
Thanks!