• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

jts winter sale. recommandation.
12-12-2020, 04:06 AM,
jts winter sale. recommandation.
hello ,
what would you recommand betwen this 3 games : EL Alamein , Tobruk, Tunisia ?
thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2020, 04:31 AM,
RE: jts winter sale. recommandation.
If you are sitting on the fence, go scan through the scenarios and read the descriptions.

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/b-15.htm

It may make it easier on you making a decision.    Scale

or.....

You may end up like most of us in owning all three!   Mex Big Grin
12-12-2020, 08:53 AM,
I posed myself the same question, and my answer was that I would proceeded in chronological order.

So now I own Tobruk (and Austerlitz & Jena-Auerstedt as well).
12-12-2020, 08:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-12-2020, 08:59 PM by phoenix.)
Tunisia is the most fun, I think. Alamein has battles which are a little more static and grinding, in my humble opinion, though they were very important battles, of course. Tobruk has the 2 largish set piece battles comprising Brevity and Battleaxe, lots of little pieces of Crusader and the Tobruk stuff (all little actions and I think, personally, if you want to play them, or indeed the larger Brevity or Battleaxe then you're better off buying the PB North Africa title, which does them very well) plus the one huge open full Crusader battle which, I admit, looks like it should be a good PBEM battle if you're up for a big, long, open fight (which I know, from nappy games, that you usually are, surcouf!) But Tunisia has a good mix of larger fights and medium to small fights. It has one set piece grind (Mareth) and then the larger 'end in Africa' fights. The map is more interesting, I think. Not a desert, basically. But, I would caution that the fighting in Tunisia was often a little one-sided and the scenarios accurately reflect this. Mareth will usually end as it did historically, as will the 'end in Africa' scenarios (though points are sometimes set up to mitigate this and provide a 'race' type challenge), and the Americans are pretty frustratingly disorganised at Kaserine, as they were, so hard for Rommel not to win.

Just my opinion. I haven't played all the scenarios from all three titles.

Hope this was helpful!