• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Protection values
12-11-2020, 09:14 PM,
Protection values
From the manual:

Quote:When a hex contains Craters and does not contain any fortification or cave,

then infantry units get an additional protection value determined by the Crater
Protection Parameter Data value.

A couple of questions relating to this;
Not sure how to read the above if there is also a fortification or cave in the hex, does that that provide cumulative protection? 
so terrain protection value + Crater protection value

And:

Destroyed Terrain, 
does destroyed terrain lose its protection value? I note in the scenario editor it is possible in any single hex to destroy terrain, crater terrain, and add an improved position to that hex..how does that effect the protection value of that hex?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2020, 04:13 AM,
RE: Protection values
(12-11-2020, 09:14 PM)Embis Wrote: From the manual:

Quote:When a hex contains Craters and does not contain any fortification or cave,

then infantry units get an additional protection value determined by the Crater
Protection Parameter Data value.

A couple of questions relating to this;
Not sure how to read the above if there is also a fortification or cave in the hex, does that that provide cumulative protection? 
so terrain protection value + Crater protection value

And:

Destroyed Terrain, 
does destroyed terrain lose its protection value? I note in the scenario editor it is possible in any single hex to destroy terrain, crater terrain, and add an improved position to that hex..how does that effect the protection value of that hex?

I believe both conditions must be met (i.e., the hex must be cratered with NO fortification or cave) to get the Crater protection value. 
From another section of the manual:
"Cratered Protection: the additional protection given to units in Cratered hexes that do not have fortifications or caves."
So an orchard (PV 4) with Trenches (PV 16) with Craters yields a total PV of 20. If we remove the trenches, the total PV is orchard (4) + Cratered(2) = 6 PV.

Cratered fortificated hexes do not show the "CRATERED" keyword (though they still get the "(K)" label in the description, possibly important for movement penalties).
Quote this message in a reply