• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Vietnam, ToD or DBP?
12-10-2020, 01:41 AM,
Vietnam, ToD or DBP?
JTS sale is about to begin in a couple of days and I'm thinking about getting my hands on (at least) one of these three, along with AotR of course!

I have read similar, older threads about this as well but I'm yet to reach a decision. I realize Vietnam and ToD are both older titles with scenario designs done by John Tiller himself. DBP on the other hand has been lauded for its great scenario designs but some users have described scenarios as being quite the slog, keeping true to history.

For those who have played all three, which one would be your pick? I'm asking specifically in terms of scenario design. As I'm interested in the period covered regardless whether it is the Americans or the French who are depicted.

Thank you for any input!
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2020, 02:51 AM,
RE: Vietnam, ToD or DBP?
In terms of scenario design I don't think there is much to choose between them. DBP can definitely be a slog, some of the scenarios are a bit on the large side for my liking, ToD I would say has probably given me more hours of fun than any. But then there's Vietnam...  and the great thing with Vietnam is that you then have access to the excellent IronX mod, "Red Star over Europe" In my opinion, probably the best mod produced for the SB series.

So...looks like you just need to choose a couple more to cross that $199 threshold for an extra 20% discount, come on.... you know you want to Big Grin
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply