• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Replay and Disruption
11-29-2020, 09:55 AM,
RE: Replay and Disruption
(11-29-2020, 09:40 AM)Green Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 08:58 AM)Pla Wrote: Mmmh another new thing for me? Area boundaries? The pzc.pdf in Bulge 44 Gold help file says -

Select Area Boundaries to toggle the display of area boundaries on the map as yellow lines. Note: this feature has not yet been implemented in a Panzer Campaigns game, but will be in a future release.

I've never used this? What am I missing?

Ian, the pzc.pdf you are looking at is out of date. The revised pzc.pdf no longer mentions that area boundaries will not be available until a future release. Actually, area boundaries have been available for a very long time so I have no idea why the Gold .pdf said this.

The problem is that if you want to use it you need to select it every time you load the scenario. This is the case for all PzC games. But once you select it, it does stick until you close the scenario.

I know that you use the Auto Hotkey app, so you can do what I have done and add a hotkey for area boundaries to make it more convenient.

John
Can you please share the poop on the Auto Hotkey app, thanks?

Also, I am not referring to the color of the combat reports. I like to play with delayed disruption reporting, anyway, so that's not the issue. The issue is the red (or yellow, if you choose) border around enemy units that have already been known to be disrupted.

I mean, literally, the "Show disrupted" button gets un-pressed during the replay.
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2020, 10:11 AM,
(11-29-2020, 09:55 AM)Liebchen Wrote: Can you please share the poop on the Auto Hotkey app, thanks?

Here is the thread...

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...ght=hotkey
11-29-2020, 12:34 PM,
(11-29-2020, 10:11 AM)Green Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 09:55 AM)Liebchen Wrote: Can you please share the poop on the Auto Hotkey app, thanks?

Here is the thread...

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...ght=hotkey

Alas, Google drive says that this file has been corrupted and won't let me download it.

Does anyone have a good copy that they can share?
11-29-2020, 01:59 PM,
(11-29-2020, 12:34 PM)Liebchen Wrote: Alas, Google drive says that this file has been corrupted and won't let me download it.

You should still be able to download it. Google Drive thinks it contains a virus as it has an .EXE file inside the zip. There is no virus according to my protection software.

But, having said that, you may want to stay socially distanced from it just in case!
11-30-2020, 12:47 AM,
(11-29-2020, 01:59 PM)Green Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 12:34 PM)Liebchen Wrote: Alas, Google drive says that this file has been corrupted and won't let me download it.

You should still be able to download it. Google Drive thinks it contains a virus as it has an .EXE file inside the zip. There is no virus according to my protection software.

But, having said that, you may want to stay socially distanced from it just in case!

Google docs is saying that only the owner of the file can download it, due to this perceived virus, though.
11-30-2020, 04:40 AM,
(11-30-2020, 12:47 AM)Liebchen Wrote: Google docs is saying that only the owner of the file can download it, due to this perceived virus, though.

I see. Try this....

https://www.theblitz.club/uploads/files/...otkeys.zip
11-30-2020, 06:55 AM,
(11-30-2020, 04:40 AM)Green Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 12:47 AM)Liebchen Wrote: Google docs is saying that only the owner of the file can download it, due to this perceived virus, though.

I see. Try this....

https://www.theblitz.club/uploads/files/...otkeys.zip

Not wishing to hi jack the thread but if you do use the Auto Hot keys you have to watch how you use it when playing pbem games with password set. 

Either pick a password that doesn't use any of the auto hot keys linked in the software or run the software after you have got past the password stage in the game. 

Or if you have it running then you will have to suspend/halt the software until you have typed in the password.

Ian
11-30-2020, 07:13 AM,
(11-30-2020, 06:55 AM)Plain Ian Wrote: Not wishing to hi jack the thread but if you do use the Auto Hot keys you have to watch how you use it when playing pbem games with password set. 

Either pick a password that doesn't use any of the auto hot keys linked in the software or run the software after you have got past the password stage in the game. 

Or if you have it running then you will have to suspend/halt the software until you have typed in the password.

Ian

Yes, that is a very good point. I put my password in a Notepad document and then just copy and paste it in.

On a more general note, I think it would be good if someone could document the use of the Auto Hotkey app and then perhaps post this information in the TOC Articles section. It is something that keeps coming up and the existing thread is long and confusing. I could do this myself but am not the best qualified, so it would be good if somebody with more expertise could set something up. Auto Hotkey is a handy thing to use but is not self-explanatory.