• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Submap editor doesn't work
11-22-2020, 02:49 AM,
Submap editor doesn't work
Hey everyone,

I wanted to edit some map labels in a modern campaigns title using the submap editor but I just can't get it to work properly. If I delete an existing label and save the map it is still there if I load the map again. Any idea why I can't delete the labels? The same problem applies when I wan't to modify an existing label, for example fix some typos. I follow exactly the procedure outlined in the manual but the old label is still there if I load the map again. The only thing that works is adding new labels.
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2020, 01:03 AM,
RE: Submap editor doesn't work
I have the same problem. In the East Prussia submap editor I cannot change or delete labels. And so I came here, to this website, to find an answer, and saw your question! Hopefully an answer/explanation arrives soon! :-)
11-27-2020, 02:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-27-2020, 02:51 AM by Indragnir.)
As far as I know, PzC Submap editor can only add names. It doesn't save any change or deleting.
11-27-2020, 03:27 AM,
(11-27-2020, 02:51 AM)Indragnir Wrote: As far as I know, PzC Submap editor can only add names. It doesn't save any change or deleting.

Hi & thanks for this--appreciated. I guess that would explain it.

Hmm, I had supposed that the "add/delete label mode" in the submap editor would work as it does in the Squad Battles series, which lets you actually add/delete labels ... :-)
11-27-2020, 03:52 AM,
(11-27-2020, 03:27 AM)neonlicht Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 02:51 AM)Indragnir Wrote: As far as I know, PzC Submap editor can only add names. It doesn't save any change or deleting.

Hmm, I had supposed that the "add/delete label mode" in the submap editor would work as it does in the Squad Battles series, which lets you actually add/delete labels ... :-)

IIRC prior to Gold builds it worked like SB series.
11-27-2020, 04:01 AM,
(11-22-2020, 02:49 AM)Dodo98 Wrote: Hey everyone,

I wanted to edit some map labels in a modern campaigns title using the submap editor but I just can't get it to work properly. If I delete an existing label and save the map it is still there if I load the map again. Any idea why I can't delete the labels? The same problem applies when I wan't to modify an existing label, for example fix some typos. I follow exactly the procedure outlined in the manual but the old label is still there if I load the map again. The only thing that works is adding new labels.

It's possible to edit and/or add labels if you open the map file in a text editor (the ones that come with Windows work just fine) scroll down through the numerical values until you hit the text portion. You'll find all of the named locations there. You can then delete, add, or modify at will. There are specific numbers that go into each line of name text that govern the color, and size along with the exact location. You'll have to experiment with that though, so be sure you back up the original file first! I've had this work with maps in PzC, MC, FWWC, ACW, and Napoleonic before, with no ill effects.

Hope this helps a bit.
"If you want to know a man's true character, give him some power." - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
11-27-2020, 04:32 AM,
(11-27-2020, 03:52 AM)Indragnir Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 03:27 AM)neonlicht Wrote:

IIRC prior to Gold builds it worked like SB series.

Ah--OK. Thanks for the info. :-)
11-27-2020, 07:16 AM,
(11-27-2020, 04:01 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 02:49 AM)Dodo98 Wrote: Hey everyone,

It's possible to edit and/or add labels if you open the map file in a text editor (the ones that come with Windows work just fine) scroll down through the numerical values until you hit the text portion. You'll find all of the named locations there. You can then delete, add, or modify at will. There are specific numbers that go into each line of name text that govern the color, and size along with the exact location. You'll have to experiment with that though, so be sure you back up the original file first! I've had this work with maps in PzC, MC, FWWC, ACW, and Napoleonic before, with no ill effects.

Hope this helps a bit.
Thanks for this--will check it out!