• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fixed Units
11-20-2020, 04:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-20-2020, 04:54 AM by Chosen Man.)
Smile  Fixed Units
Gentleman

No newbie to these games (Napoleonic) but can somebody explain in terms a septuagenarian  Jester can understand the rules on when a fixed unit is released due to the proximity of an enemy, I am take it as read that the unit in question has not been fired upon.   Wink 
For example visibility, distance and if a unit is not in LOS but an adjacent unit is does it release?
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2020, 06:20 AM,
RE: Fixed Units
Hi there! Found this in the User Manual re. fixed units:

"If a Fixed unit is spotted by an enemy unit that is 9 hexes away or closer, then it automatically becomes Released."
11-21-2020, 02:31 AM,
(11-20-2020, 06:20 AM)neonlicht Wrote: Hi there! Found this in the User Manual re. fixed units:

"If a Fixed unit is spotted by an enemy unit that is 9 hexes away or closer, then it automatically becomes Released."

Hi Neolicht

Thanks for that it was what I suspected from experience but it appears if an enemy unit is adjacent to a unit the adjacent friendly unit (although not in LOS) also releases.
11-21-2020, 08:17 AM,
(11-21-2020, 02:31 AM)Chosen Man Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 06:20 AM)neonlicht Wrote: Hi there! Found this in the User Manual re. fixed units:

Hi Neolicht

Thanks for that it was what I suspected from experience but it appears if an enemy unit is adjacent to a unit the adjacent friendly unit (although not in LOS) also releases.

My dispassionate advice would be if you are finding something that works differently than described by the manual, always send those through  support@ (the JTS domain) -as if if intended to work the way that you're finding then then need to make that match the manual.

It is the same exact standard that my day job holds for their user guides -it's really only fair.

On the other hand if it is working differently than they intended at the publisher - then it at least allows them to work out why and address it.
Bydand
Send this user an email