• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scheldt '44 scenarios all loaded
11-17-2020, 09:26 AM,
Thumbs_Up  Scheldt '44 scenarios all loaded
All the S44 scenarios are now in the DB and ready to be reported to, many thanks to a certain individual who helped provide all the data required, you know who you are!  Wink

I don't have S44 (yet), but what struck me about adding the scenario descriptions/notes is that many scenarios use optional rules in addition to the default ones and there are also some designer tips which are unique to that scenario.

So it is very important that you read all the info linked to each scenario to ensure you get the experience that the designer intended.  Soap Box
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2020, 09:35 AM,
RE: Scheldt '44 scenarios all loaded
(11-17-2020, 09:26 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: I don't have S44 (yet), but what struck me about adding the scenario descriptions/notes is that many scenarios use optional rules in addition to the default ones and there are also some designer tips which are unique to that scenario.

So it is very important that you read all the info linked to each scenario to ensure you get the experience that the designer intended.  Soap Box

If only everyone would do this! My 30 years as an educator says...not likely! VERY FEW do the work required to be ready! In a few weeks/months, there will be the "why did I lose?" or the "This campaign is ahistorical and it's not a good title" posts lol...

I love the complexities of this one, not your typical '44 Western campaign title. Can't wait to dive into this splendid piece of work, thanks again to all who worked on it!

Happy gaming...
11-18-2020, 04:18 AM,
RE: Scheldt '44 scenarios all loaded
Agreed, to tend to get out what you put in, so when you just dive in without reading the notes associated with the scenario it can lead to frustration sometimes.  Wink