• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hotkeys, Editing tools, Audio glitch
11-18-2020, 12:02 AM,
RE: Hotkeys, Editing tools, Audio glitch
(11-17-2020, 11:57 PM)krmiller Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 06:44 PM)neonlicht Wrote: .....

Audio glitch:

I sometimes (not always) get an audio glitch in JTSNapoleonic/Musket&Pike games, in which the sounds--either background music or background ambience--get stuck in a short, endless loop. I was was wondering if anyone else had experienced this or whether the problem could be related to my PC set up (Win10 with Steinberg UR22  external sound card)?

Many thanks in advance and hope all is well with you guys. :-)

Don't have 7 YW but I've seen this audio glitch occasionally in all of the HPS/JTS games, Napoleonic, ACW and various WWII games.  It also happened back in the old Tiller Talonsoft games under XP and Win 7.  It seems to happen more often since moving to Win10 with the HPS/JTS games.

My pc is over 10 years old and built for Win 7 so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.  I have tried reloading audio drivers both from the company and Win 10 recommended but it doesn't seem to help.

As an aside it is even worse in the Matrix Tiller Battleground ACW games, it happens so much there I have had to turn off the sounds in order to play those games.

Hi & many thanks for this! Hmm, so it's not my PC. Like I said, I've had this problem with Napoleonic & Musket & Pike games (haven't gotten into the ACW titles yet). Sometimes the audio plays fine. But other times the glitching & looping is so bad I have to turn the audio off. And this seems a shame. Especially for games that aren't exactly cheap (by my standards, anyhow). Thanks again for your info.
Quote this message in a reply