• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scheldt '44 Market Garden (expanded) Allied AAR - settled for a Draw turn 69
02-07-2021, 09:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2021, 09:44 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Scheldt '44 Market Garden (expanded) Allied AAR
Turn 67 05:00 September 24th 1944. Dawn. Mud conditions. The weather in the remaining days will be mud.

[Image: yWdCVCj.jpg]

Still stalemate. XII Corps and VIII Corps artillery has arrived and is moving up.

Engineer units from 3rd Infantry and Brigade Piron that maintained bridges across the Bocholt-Herentals canal will reach the frontline soon.

[Image: Vui3wuW.jpg]

The 49th West Riding division has arrived. It has just 2 infantry battalions and various supporting assets. It will move north and screen the Meuse to prevent a sneaky German crossing that threatens Sint Anthonis. An I Corps engineer unit will remain in the bunker at Blerick.

[Image: 5GTxi19.jpg]

Though it looks impressive, the vast host in front of Nijmegen can't make much of an impression.

The poor vehicle combat system rears its ugly head as a 130 tank stack only inflicts "Fatigue" results on a Panzer IV company.

The remaining airborne units have arrived. The glider regiment of 82nd Airborne moves north-west.

[Image: AGWPJ0l.jpg]

Pontoon construction was completed on the first possible turn, significantly improving supply north of the Waal.

I'm not really sure how supply across a ferry works, but there's a sharp drop in supply level from one side of the ferry to the other. This might be a side-effect of the recent change to damaged ferries still supplying units.

Now that the Wessex Division has arrived, I'll try to make a push towards the east again. I could cross the Rhine using boats and the handful of amphibious units in the Wessex Division, but that move would be easy to counter by moving units north of the Rhine. The infantry units with bicycles on the German sides have surprising mobility as I've found out in two other Market Garden games where I'm playing as the Germans. They're nearly as fast as my units in trucks.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scheldt '44 Market Garden (expanded) Allied AAR - by ComradeP - 02-07-2021, 09:43 AM