• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scheldt '44 Market Garden (expanded) Allied AAR - settled for a Draw turn 69
02-07-2021, 09:17 AM,
RE: Scheldt '44 Market Garden (expanded) Allied AAR
Another big AAR update instead of several smaller ones.

Turn 51 13:00 September 22nd.

[Image: 7U2AAZ3.jpg]

The Scottish Division is still holding the flank. Strength is decreasing, but overall shape is still OK. Most battalions are at 50%-60% strength.

[Image: 1AQefio.jpg]

Though it looked like I might be able to encircle parts of Division Erdmann, that's no longer on the menu. A few poor assault results when I made contact meant the path of retreat was fairly clear. There's a stack in a Bunker hex that isn't going anywhere and there are Bunker hexes on the other bank of the Meuse as well, which means I can't ZOC-lock units in place. Some of the battalions will get mauled, but that's about it. 3 Divisions vs. Division Erdmann and the winner is Division Erdmann in this case.

[Image: uh3p3Jk.jpg]

43rd Wessex will disengage and move north.

101st Airborne is slowly putting pressure on the Fallschirmjaeger east of 's Hertogenbosch.

One of the big surprises was how tough the C quality Fallschirmjaeger are even though their HQ is Fixed in 's Hertogenbosch and they are Detached.

[Image: oO1NSWG.jpg]

The stalemate continues in the Nijmegen area.

North of the Waal, 82nd Airborne is slowly pushing west.

SS forces will soon disengage, enjoy some R&R and move to Nijmegen. The Welsh and 1st Airborne will also rest as German attempts to push back the Allied forces stall.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scheldt '44 Market Garden (expanded) Allied AAR - by ComradeP - 02-07-2021, 09:17 AM