• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scheldt '44 Market Garden (expanded) Allied AAR - settled for a Draw turn 69
12-26-2020, 02:37 PM,
RE: Scheldt '44 Market Garden (expanded) Allied AAR
(12-26-2020, 03:38 AM)The Real Rake Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 08:15 AM)Plain Ian Wrote: I see that blocked or non playable hexes are now a nice purple colour? Is there any changes to the hex array showing in the Maps folder for non visible hexes or hexes that cannot be reached? I've always found them too intrusive so changed the density and colour of the pixelated dots. 

[Image: snow.png]

This works fine....until the weather changes from Snow to Mud! 10% chance of Mud on the 17th....
Will need to find another colour.

[Image: mud.png]

Ian

Can anyone point me to the correct files for changing the density of non-visible or unreachable hexes, etc.?  I'm finding in Scheldt (and presumably all updated games) that the shading is now not dark enough and making it difficult for me to determine which hexes are "greyed out".

Thanks!

Edit:  I just changed my primary monitor and the shading is showing up plenty dark now...  Still, I'd like to know where the shading is located, so I can have a substitute file for when I swap back to my main monitor.  Thanks Again

It's on the 2D features series of files under the Map directory.

The easiest way is to change the individual pixels to the colour you want. I tried a lot of different colour combinations to end up where I did, but like al things it is all in the eye of the beholder.

There is such a mix of terrain heights and ground conditions that is very hard to get a universal colour that works.

David
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scheldt '44 Market Garden (expanded) Allied AAR - by Strela - 12-26-2020, 02:37 PM