• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scheldt '44 Market Garden (expanded) Allied AAR - settled for a Draw turn 69
11-27-2020, 02:53 AM,
RE: Scheldt '44 Market Garden (expanded) Allied AAR
Turn 11, 13:00 September 18th 1944.

[Image: 829sL6C.jpg]

Guards Armoured links up with 101st Airborne south of Eindhoven by taking the "bypass" through the Clear terrain west of the highway.

The 53rd (Welsh) Division makes good progress in De Kempen.

The Valkenswaard and Luyksgestel objective expire on turn 6. I think it's highly unlikely they can be captured on time.

Eindhoven and Aalst expire on turn 16.

[Image: leFDNNG.jpg]

US airborne forces are mostly testing wired bridges and have established a perimeter. The first Fallschirmjaeger units from 's Hertogenbosch have shown up.

[Image: OcijXSU.jpg]

Both of the Ravenstein bridges blew up. No heavy bridges across the Maas have been secured.

There's not much pressure on 1st Airborne yet, they can comfortably hold the perimeter.

Regarding my vehicle losses: most of them are recon vehicles. I'm losing more Shermans and Cromwells to breakdowns than to German fire at the moment.

In PzC, the British love for armoured cars isn't much of an advantage as they're frail and have low attack values. A more "German" style recon setup with infantry companies and an armoured car unit would work better in the game.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scheldt '44 Market Garden (expanded) Allied AAR - by ComradeP - 11-27-2020, 02:53 AM