• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How do I move a column
11-14-2020, 05:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 05:11 AM by O.Schmidt.)
Help  How do I move a column
How do I move a column (all units behind each other) The program did it once! I don't know how !? :(
Greetings, HaPe
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2020, 07:24 AM,
RE: How do I move a column
See this thread https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=73643
11-14-2020, 07:24 AM,
Drag the first in line unit to the destination and keep the ALT key pressed.
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
11-14-2020, 08:11 PM,
Thanks! Work now! :)
Greetings, HaPe
11-15-2020, 10:52 AM,
(11-14-2020, 07:24 AM)KAreil Wrote: Drag the first in line unit to the destination and keep the ALT key pressed.

This MO does not seem to work on the Gold updated games.  Instead a blue arrow appears and all units from that command (brigade, division) want to congregate near that Alt pressed hex when you press the Next Turn button.  This is a huge step backwards, if you ask me. Goodbye convoy movement!  Hello carpal tunnel syndrome...
11-15-2020, 12:20 PM,
(11-15-2020, 10:52 AM)Peacenik Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 07:24 AM)KAreil Wrote: Drag the first in line unit to the destination and keep the ALT key pressed.

This MO does not seem to work on the Gold updated games.  Instead a blue arrow appears and all units from that command (brigade, division) want to congregate near that Alt pressed hex when you press the Next Turn button.  This is a huge step backwards, if you ask me. Goodbye convoy movement!  Hello carpal tunnel syndrome...

Her's the trick to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome: select the hex with the first unit in the column, but don't select any unit. Just the hex, with every unit unselected. Then alt-right click on the destination. There you have your column move.

If you do the same with any unit selected, you will create an AI order for this whole unit's organization. That's the blue arrow one.
11-15-2020, 01:34 PM,
(11-15-2020, 12:20 PM)Nico165 Wrote:

Her's the trick to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome: select the hex with the first unit in the column, but don't select any unit. Just the hex, with every unit unselected. Then alt-right click on the destination. There you have your column move.

If you do the same with any unit selected, you will create an AI order for this whole unit's organization. That's the blue arrow one.

Great, thanks! I knew there had to be a way.
11-15-2020, 03:24 PM,
(11-15-2020, 01:34 PM)Peacenik Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 12:20 PM)Nico165 Wrote:

Great, thanks! I knew there had to be a way.
That is the way the games have always worked, since the column movement was added. Try with a unit selected and you set AI orders, don't have a unit selected and it will do its best to form a column of T mode units based on the units in the hex that is selected.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-16-2020, 03:41 AM,
Sorry, might have confused this with . Napoleonic series
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis