• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Future of WW1 campaigns?
11-11-2020, 01:21 PM,
c_Question Mark  Future of WW1 campaigns?
I was wondering what the future of the WW1 Campaign game series was?  Are there plans for 1915 games 1916 games?  

I've been enjoying the series lately, especially since I've been reading a book on the Eastern Front in WW1.
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2020, 02:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2020, 02:54 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Future of WW1 campaigns?
Around the time Serbia '14 was released (last March), Volcano Man wrote:
Quote:Besides that, I can say additional FWWC games are in various stages of development too (yes, like Galicia, and a Middle East title, and more), but this next one is what happens to be what was finished first. Also, this next title was personally very interesting to me, due to its relative obscurity, and the number of campaigns in it and number of nations involved -- you will see!). 

As described in the notes, the development of Serbia '14 took a while due to the extended map for the 1915 campaign and designing the associated scenarios.

Mr. Grumpy wrote that ways to speed up the design process were being looked at. For PzC, that might mean a master map for Europe.

For FWWC, though possible it would make less sense: Belgium and France are already covered, the same goes for parts of Poland and Russia and Serbia. That leaves the Italian front, Galicia, Romania, the Greek-Bulgarian border, the European part of the Ottoman Empire, the Caucasus and the Middle Eastern part of the Ottoman Empire. Though that might seem like a lot of ground to cover, it would make covering central and northern Europe, as well as large parts of southern Europe, unnecessary.
11-12-2020, 06:56 AM,
Yes I can confirm more titles are in development, but unfortunately I can't give you any more clues than Ed has.  Whistle

Glad to hear you are enjoying the titles that already exist !   Big Grin
11-12-2020, 07:13 AM,
Well, the question is if we are going to see complete the 1914 period with a title with focus in the east front with AH... something like EP14 meets Serbia but worst part of AH in Serbia + best russian from EP14 OR we are going to see a change of front+war period+game scale+style.

Here i think in middle east with a lot lower unit density, even with introduction of companies... a very PzC title but with no Panzer part.

But i think is more probable Galicia14 based in the actual OOBs and art avaliable.

PD: you dont need give us clues, only "orientation" hehehe.
11-12-2020, 01:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2020, 01:23 PM by Scaz.)
[quote="Scaz" pid='440310' dateline='1605064875']

[/quote]
11-12-2020, 01:21 PM,
Glad to see there is still a lot of interest in the series.

Are there any plans to update the 3D unit graphics like Panzer/Modern Campaigns?