• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

This Looks Interesting!
11-09-2020, 07:02 PM,
This Looks Interesting!
I found this over at the Squad Battles forum and wonder if its possible to do the same with Campaign Series?

I'm not a techy by any stretch but if its possible it sure is intriguing! It would be kind of cool to play games over a server!

This post below is from Embis over at Squad Battles.

Discord Server For the Blitz

Hi All,
Just wanted to issue a general invite for members of the Blitz to join my "Live Fire" Discord Server.

I have set this up with the Tiller games predominantly in mind but any game where you might want to play someone live online could be played here.

For those of you unfamiliar with Discord, it Describes itself as: "the easiest way to talk over voice, video, and text. Talk, chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities."

The "Live Fire" server enables you to find an opponent who is online and set up a game using direct-play. You can then join a voice channel where you can chat with each other whilst you play your games. Its a bit more of a social experience than PBEM and it means you can often get a game finished in a single sitting, or maybe in a couple of sittings.

Another option is to set up a multiplayer game with up to 12 players. The server is organised so that once Blue and Red teams have been decided each can join its own dedicated voice channel where orders can be issued and strategy discussed with confidence that the other side isnt listening!

All games completed on the server can be reported here at the Blitz. It adds a new dimension to the Tiller Games and in these days of Covid and lockdown, its nice to make what is often a solitary hobby a bit more social:)

Apologies for the cross post but its the most efficient way to reach all interested groups

I look forward to seeing you on the field of glory!
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2020, 12:05 AM,
RE: This Looks Interesting!
Hi Big Ivan!

Our server is not limited to SB. It's open to all JTS gamers. If you are interested in joining the server, you can DM me and check it out for yourself.

Cheers!
11-10-2020, 12:33 AM,
Everyone is welcome, I set it up with all the JTS titles in mind because that's mainly what I play, but you can join and play any game you like.. and if the game is supported here you can report the results here, in fact you can link directly to the results page at the Blitz from the Live Fire! server.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
11-10-2020, 02:47 AM,
John, our fearless leader, Compass Rose, has been in discussions with JTS about this. JTS has graciously agreed to link back to the Blitz for ease of reporting results, so members who care to play games live can now do so and report their games here at the Blitz. Win-win!

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
11-10-2020, 03:32 AM,
Awesome!! Absolutely Awesome!! Wink

Dave if I may let's try something small in CS soon to see how it works!?
11-10-2020, 03:36 AM,
(11-10-2020, 03:32 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: Awesome!! Absolutely Awesome!! Wink

hmmm...you mean I have to learn something new?
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
11-10-2020, 04:40 AM,
(11-10-2020, 03:36 AM)Scud Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 03:32 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: Awesome!! Absolutely Awesome!! Wink

hmmm...you mean I have to learn something new?

So I just had a chat with UpQuark on the discord channel and got a few more details. Discord acts as a chatroom to enable players to talk with each other during a direct game. The usual direct play configuration nightmares in CS would still have to be addressed, so you and I would have to figure out how to connect head-to-head. I've done it, but not in years. It will require port forwarding configuration in your router settings. I might be able to do it for you using Teamviewer, but since it's your router, it's quite possible I'll click something and get locked out. Petri posted the exact ports that need to be opened over at Matrix. I suspect this works better using a JTS game. I only have Gettysburg and have sort of half learned it. Fun, though. Anyway, let me know if/when you want to spend a few hours becoming thoroughly frustrated.

Once we figure out how to play the game live, we'd use discord to verbally insult each other while waiting for the other to finish their turn.  Big Grin

db
Send this user an email
11-14-2020, 11:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 10:31 PM by Up Quark.)
Some additional, detailed Help information on this topic is being prepared to post at Live Fire!

https://discord.com/channels/70878188218...4562902036

Hope that helps you guys get started.