• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Mod 2D Units and Map JTS Seven Years War
02-14-2021, 02:05 AM,
RE: (New version) Mod 2D Units and Map JTS Seven Years War
Thanks for your kind words.

I keep working on it. The magnified view is almost finished and I will soon begin adapting to the other two views.

The map, like the previous one, is also valid for the Napoleonic games. The two versions of the mod differ only in units.

The main problem for the realization of the map is in the limitations imposed by the graphics engine. It is not a map drawn like Ferraris's or like the new maps Napoleonic Battles 3d Maps, where the draftsman controls how the different elements are shown, but rather it is created by randomly combining six images, sometimes more, that correspond to the same category. In the case of contours, it is more complicated because some elements overlap and cover them. In the forest or orchard areas I have sought a balance between the dithering of the green background color and the outline so that it is minimally visible without obscuring it excessively in the rest of the map. Anyway, I'll keep testing to see if I can find a better way to present the contours.

I'm sorry for my bad google english
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (New version) Mod 2D Units and Map JTS Seven Years War - by Aoi99 - 02-14-2021, 02:05 AM