• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Mod 2D Units and Map JTS Seven Years War
02-13-2021, 06:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2021, 07:07 PM by phoenix.)
RE: (New version) Mod 2D Units and Map JTS Seven Years War
That's a superb rendition of Ferraris map! Really impressive. Fantastic work. You still working on it?

Would this work for the Napoleonic titles too, I wonder?

The contours look much less intrusive and cluttery done as shadows. Thanks! I still think they should be quite a bit fainter though. The reason is that on some maps there are a lot of countours, and then, if they're in a quite prominent colour it feels like they are ALL you can see. It doesn't look like that in your example pic because there aren't so many contours there. In Ferraris actual maps there aren't so many contours marked, but they're still a bit lighter compared to the other map details, I think, no?

[Image: ferr.png]

On the other hand, it's true that they have to have a certain prominence to stand out where they border other features. So maybe it's ok, though - where I was in doubt about where the contour was - I would rather just briefly switch on the hard line contours to check, and still have a beautiful map without heavy contouring.

It's really lovely though. Hope you finish it. Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (New version) Mod 2D Units and Map JTS Seven Years War - by phoenix - 02-13-2021, 06:56 PM