• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Mod 2D Units and Map JTS Seven Years War
02-12-2021, 01:11 AM,
RE: (New version) Mod 2D Units and Map JTS Seven Years War
For those impatient  Helmet Wink who want to use the shading of the heights here is the file (not final)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/edtw9w00u0spmd...0.bmp?dl=0

You just have to copy it to the Map folder of the game.
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2021, 10:19 AM,
I really like your updated "tree" images and can't wait to get those, too!

Through the years, I have seen many art mods for all of the different JTS series.

Your SYW mod and your Nap Mods have to be some of the top looking ones I have ever seen.

I applaud you on your creativity as these mods are so unique and so much fun to look at.  Respect

Hope you can "spoil" the guys in some of the other JTS series, by releasing mods for them, too!   Helmet Wink 

Thanks!
02-12-2021, 02:45 PM,
Wow! That is simply gorgeous. Thanks for indulging my impatience.
02-13-2021, 06:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2021, 07:07 PM by phoenix.)
That's a superb rendition of Ferraris map! Really impressive. Fantastic work. You still working on it?

Would this work for the Napoleonic titles too, I wonder?

The contours look much less intrusive and cluttery done as shadows. Thanks! I still think they should be quite a bit fainter though. The reason is that on some maps there are a lot of countours, and then, if they're in a quite prominent colour it feels like they are ALL you can see. It doesn't look like that in your example pic because there aren't so many contours there. In Ferraris actual maps there aren't so many contours marked, but they're still a bit lighter compared to the other map details, I think, no?

[Image: ferr.png]

On the other hand, it's true that they have to have a certain prominence to stand out where they border other features. So maybe it's ok, though - where I was in doubt about where the contour was - I would rather just briefly switch on the hard line contours to check, and still have a beautiful map without heavy contouring.

It's really lovely though. Hope you finish it. Thanks.
02-14-2021, 02:05 AM,
Thanks for your kind words.

I keep working on it. The magnified view is almost finished and I will soon begin adapting to the other two views.

The map, like the previous one, is also valid for the Napoleonic games. The two versions of the mod differ only in units.

The main problem for the realization of the map is in the limitations imposed by the graphics engine. It is not a map drawn like Ferraris's or like the new maps Napoleonic Battles 3d Maps, where the draftsman controls how the different elements are shown, but rather it is created by randomly combining six images, sometimes more, that correspond to the same category. In the case of contours, it is more complicated because some elements overlap and cover them. In the forest or orchard areas I have sought a balance between the dithering of the green background color and the outline so that it is minimally visible without obscuring it excessively in the rest of the map. Anyway, I'll keep testing to see if I can find a better way to present the contours.

I'm sorry for my bad google english
02-23-2021, 12:59 AM,
Looks fantastic--excellent work!
07-05-2021, 05:49 AM,
Hi guys!

I just downloaded this mod a few hours ago and I must say it is awesome!
I have never liked to play any JTS game in 2D before but this mod is really a game changer for me!
I became a member on this forum just to be able to download the mod and try it, and I don't regret it!

The way the units look should be standard for all JTS games set in the blackpowder era! It looks far better than the standard unit look in this and the other blackpowder era games JTS has to offer.
And the map is gorgeous!

Well done!

Cheers from Sweden!
07-05-2021, 06:47 AM,
(07-05-2021, 05:49 AM)Verdun1916 Wrote: Hi guys!

I have never liked to play any JTS game in 2D before but this mod is really a game changer for me!
I became a member on this forum just to be able to download the mod and try it, and I don't regret it!

The way the units look should be standard for all JTS games set in the blackpowder era! It looks far better than the standard unit look in this and the other blackpowder era games JTS has to offer.
And the map is gorgeous!

Well done!

Cheers from Sweden!

Welcome to the Blitz.

Yes, that is a really nice art mod.

In case you aren't aware of it, Aoi99 did a art mod for the NAP series, too, and it looks just as good! Wink

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=74499

Good Luck!
07-09-2021, 06:59 AM,
(07-05-2021, 06:47 AM)Compass Rose Wrote:
(07-05-2021, 05:49 AM)Verdun1916 Wrote: Hi guys!

And the map is gorgeous!

Well done!

Cheers from Sweden!

Welcome to the Blitz.

Yes, that is a really nice art mod.

In case you aren't aware of it, Aoi99 did a art mod for the NAP series, too, and it looks just as good! Wink

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=74499

Good Luck!

Thank you!

I'm definately going to get that one aswell!
This one works beautifully! So when the time comes for me to play my Nap-series games again I will have to play with the Nap-mod aswell!

JTS should include this mod in the next updates for SYW and the NAP-games.
07-10-2021, 02:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-10-2021, 07:10 PM by Aoi99.)
The updated version of this mod is in this post:

Mod "Ferraris Map" for JTS Seven Years War

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=74500