• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Mod Campaign Waterloo, 2D Units and Map
11-04-2020, 02:46 AM,
Mod Campaign Waterloo, 2D Units and Map
Hello, I am new to the forum. My first post is to present a mod of 2D units and map.
In this mod I have tried to give the game a classic look, similar to the maps of the Napoleonic era.
How in these, the relief is not represented by colors but by lines and there is no variation for winter scenarios. Towns and cities are represented more compactly.
The counters reflect the formations of the time. In the magnified view I have kept the troop distinctions included in the last patch, and in the extreme zoom there is no variation.
I hope you find it interesting and do not hesitate to comment on any problem or improvement you find.

[Image: Waterloo3.jpg]

[Image: Waterloo4.jpg]

Attached Files
.zip   Mod Campaign Waterloo.zip (Size: 2.15 MB / Downloads: 30)
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2020, 03:37 AM,
RE: Mod Campaign Waterloo, 2D Units and Map
A very nice and unique look. Thumbs Up

Thanks for sharing with us!
11-06-2020, 02:51 AM,
This is a outstanding piece of work and with slight alterations could be used in the complete nappy series and 7YW.
Would you consider doing a counter only version to use with the original 2d map artwork.
By the way I'm shocked and disappointed to see so few downloads for your amazing mod.
11-06-2020, 11:41 PM,
Wow - that's a really interesting approach. 

I know of one person who I'd been having conversations about similar looks and wanting to go to a more traditional look for a period map. I had a look at your files- and that is an interesting and effective technique for the style.  Nice work, mate :)

1 bit of constructive criticism (and it isn't your graphic, but stock) -- probably change the oil drums graphics for supply sources, even if just to some wooden barrels ...

I've got zero idea why anyone remotely familiar with the Napoleonic period would have added that as a stock graphic (and as I said, that one is on the publisher ....).
Bydand
Send this user an email
11-07-2020, 02:22 AM,
(11-06-2020, 02:51 AM)Lowlander Wrote: This is a outstanding piece of work and with slight alterations could be used in the complete nappy series and 7YW.
Would you consider doing a counter only version to use with the original 2d map artwork.
By the way I'm shocked and disappointed to see so few downloads for your amazing mod.
Thanks for the feedback.

I am currently finishing the adaptation to all games and 7YW. 
The adaptation of the counters to the original map could be done by changing the color of the terrain in the counters by an intermediate tone of the color range of the terrain, but it would not be as effective as with a single tone for the terrain. Also the old look is lost. Anyway, it is very easy and whoever wants to can do it

Sorry my english is so bad.
11-07-2020, 02:30 AM,
(11-06-2020, 11:41 PM)_72z Wrote: 1 bit of constructive criticism (and it isn't your graphic, but stock) -- probably change the oil drums graphics for supply sources, even if just to some wooden barrels ...

I've got zero idea why anyone remotely familiar with the Napoleonic period would have added that as a stock graphic (and as I said, that one is on the publisher ....).

Is right. it's very strange. Will they be barrels of rum and beer?

I make a note to change it. I don't want my soldiers to get too drunk Big Grin
11-07-2020, 07:53 AM,
This is great! This is exactly (as _72z mentions) I've been after for years. I made a stab at it, but lack your graphics skills. Really very nice and promptly downloaded!
11-07-2020, 01:35 PM,
(11-07-2020, 02:30 AM)Aoi99 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 11:41 PM)_72z Wrote: 1 bit of constructive criticism (and it isn't your graphic, but stock) -- probably change the oil drums graphics for supply sources, even if just to some wooden barrels ...

Is right. it's very strange. Will they be barrels of rum and beer?

I make a note to change it. I don't want my soldiers to get too drunk Big Grin

Lol - :)  nah call them powder barrels....  but yeh I know for a fact that Doug was looking for something with that same look and feel.  It is really interesting how you managed it - am a fan of your thinking outside the box.   But I guess that wasn't 'criticism' as much as feedback of pointing out something that I know was there before you were working on it.

Also - I really like what you did with the fields and trees, and on the units, I have the files --- but not looking at them right now, but you really nailed a nice font for the unit types - and I think that really works well with those style of units. 

I'm not entirely sure that you have to do the entire hex around the unit (and if you find background bleed alignment to be a factor that could address it.

I haven't actually installed it - but boy, I like the originality.
Bydand
Send this user an email