• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Command Report
11-01-2020, 11:28 PM,
Command Report
Looking at the beginning of turn command report, I have noticed that very often there are units listed as having "gained fatigue". Is this just the fatigue they gained during my opponent's part of the turn or is it something else?
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2020, 11:42 PM,
RE: Command Report
Not looking at the rule book, but I think this occurs during night turns to units that expend movement points. It is called "night fatigue" and it is there to encourage you to let your units rest and recover at night to the greatest extent practical. If you keep pushing your units at night, they will wear down to no fatigue eventually.
11-02-2020, 12:58 AM,
Hmm, maybe it was at night, now I'm not sure. If so then that makes sense. I'll have to pay closer attention. Thanks.
11-02-2020, 02:18 PM,
Definitely applies to your moving units at night and thus gaining fatigue. Combat generated fatigue is applied and "shown" immediately and not included otherwise. I don't think units that take losses in the enemy turn would be included too, for additional fatigue from having done something, but may be wrong there.
[Image: exercise.png]
11-02-2020, 06:07 PM,
(11-02-2020, 02:18 PM)Ricky B Wrote: Definitely applies to your moving units at night and thus gaining fatigue. Combat generated fatigue is applied and "shown" immediately and not included otherwise. I don't think units that take losses in the enemy turn would be included too, for additional fatigue from having done something, but may be wrong there.

And if I´m correct, night fatigue is triple the value that would be gained during the day turns. But I´m not 100% sure at the moment. 
 Regarding the enemy fire in his turn, I think this counts too, that´s why the units with highest fatigue should rest further away from the front. But here also I´m not 100% sure.
11-02-2020, 06:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2020, 06:54 PM by Mowgli.)
Afaik "X units gained fatigue" refers to units gaining night fatigue for being active during a night turn.

Units that

1) move (change formation)
2) dig-in
3) fire or are fired upon (resulting at least in "fatigue")
4) assault/are assaulted
5) start to patrol (ongoing patrols seem to be fine though)
6) carry out other special stuff (recon ability, building bridges, etc)

count as active.
11-02-2020, 10:33 PM,
Thanks all. It was definitely the night fatigue. I knew about the night move disruption thing but had missed the point about night fatigue.
11-03-2020, 06:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2020, 06:17 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
Yes 5) is slightly odd as if you go into patrol mode before the night move you don't gain fatigue during night moves as you don't expend any movement points in the subsequent "patrolling" moves despite the fact that the unit is patrolling which you could argue is an action like digging in for instance?
11-07-2020, 01:34 AM,
(11-03-2020, 06:16 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Yes 5) is slightly odd as if you go into patrol mode before the night move you don't gain fatigue during night moves as you don't expend any movement points in the subsequent "patrolling" moves despite the fact that the unit is patrolling which you could argue is an action like digging in for instance?

The unit, itself, is resting, while the detachments are patrolling. That's why the unit, itself, has reduced effectiveness.
11-07-2020, 05:21 AM,
OK thanks, makes sense...  Wink