• Downloads

New Opt Rule: Movement Threat
12-14-2020, 03:34 AM,
RE: New Opt Rule: Movement Threat
Let's go !
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2020, 10:11 PM,
(12-14-2020, 03:34 AM)Back on topic: Wrote: One thing to bear in mind about this new rule - advancing on disordered enemy units seems to negate the rule.
12-15-2020, 12:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-15-2020, 12:25 AM by TheGrayMouser.)
(12-14-2020, 10:11 PM)agmoss99 Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 03:34 AM)Back on topic: Wrote: One thing to bear in mind about this new rule - advancing on disordered enemy units seems to negate the rule.

Haha, yes, my bad, not only did I hijack my own thread to get a game set up, it was for non nap game too!!

I think the biggest hurdle for this new rule is, even if you reduced the % of failing the test, the problem is if you have to test many many times, even a low % chance will happen too frequently.

I would suggest ( if anyone is listening) that units , instead of testing every time they enter a hex, have to roll to see if they even trigger the test per hex entered, and then test not to rout/disorder , ( so 2 rolls basically, a trigger to test and then a roll for the test)  If they trigger a roll and pass, then they are immune to further tests if they keep moving. (they controlled their fear and now can march bravely on)   After all, a cavalry unit has roll vs to rout/disrupt when they hit the charge function, but they dont need to roll every hex they charge down. ( well, unless they have the movethreatrule on!!)