• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Optional Rule Guide Manual defensive fire
10-29-2020, 01:44 AM,
RE: Optional Rule Guide Manual defensive fire
(10-28-2020, 07:08 PM)typhoon Wrote: Just got back into playing Panzer Campaigns and the ACW titles which I used to play a lot and find that manual defensive fire is hardly ever used in PBEM games. Now I only have two of the Napoleonic titles and found it tougher to like than the other two series but thinking about trying it again and prefer PBEM. I have read the optional rule guide and found that the use of manual defensive fire is recommended to give realistic results I prefer this but would like to know if most people use this option in PBEM games as it would significantly slow games down? On a side note I would also like to know if the Campaigns are played? I think I would prefer a campaign to an individual battle any feedback appreciated.

Hi

I have just started a large map Campaign of Eckmuhl and am also doing a full Waterloo Campaign on a single map and can thoroughly recommend it as they add a fascinating strategic level as well as the usual tactical decisions.

I am a relatively new PBEM player but have just had a house rule suggested by a new opponent that all melees take place only after all movement which allows turn based (quicker) mode of PBEM play but prevents the unrealistic blitzkrieg style attacks described above. On first glance this seems an elegant solution.

Cheers

Ian
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Optional Rule Guide Manual defensive fire - by devoncop - 10-29-2020, 01:44 AM