• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Napoleonic Battles - Optional Rules Guide 1.4(4.06)
10-24-2020, 06:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-24-2020, 07:33 AM by BigDuke66.)
My 2 Cents  RE: Napoleonic Battles series - Optional Rules Guide V 1.0
Hi BG.

The objection I and I believe others have is their are multiple scenarios where Cavalry begins detached as it has no Leader on the field. (If this was not the case argument would be much stronger).

In such circumstances it becomes useless. The actions of the Saxon grenadiers may be more specific than the fact their leadership was removed.......rather the entire Prussian front line was was being destroyed directly in front of them !

There are multiple examples of Cavalry (and this is principally what we are referring to here regarding the No detached Melee rule) acting on their own initiative even after leaders have been killed and when they are far behind enemy lines.

I do see your point of view in trying to get players to play historically but the NDM rule is in my view a somewhat blunt instrument to achieve this.

Cheers

Ian
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Napoleonic Battles series - Optional Rules Guide V 1.0 - by devoncop - 10-24-2020, 06:27 AM