• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Napoleonic Battles - Optional Rules Guide 1.4(4.06)
10-23-2020, 09:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-24-2020, 01:36 AM by agmoss99.)
RE: Napoleonic Battles series - Optional Rules Guide V 1.0
I agree with Ian. I've tried the No Detached Melee several times and you have stacks of troops that get separated from a leader and just have to sit and wait to be wiped out. It's a well meaning rule to prevent commando tactics but it's a real problem in reality. And in one game I couldn't charge and melee Napoleon as my cavalry was detached.

I also prefer Movement Threat off. I've had units (supply especially) rout several hexes away from the enemy, in one case 6 hexes away. And units trying to retreat first disorder then rout. You end up with stacks of fatigue 0 troops, routed and isolated and taken prisoner in a single turn.

I think it is worst in Waterloo and Jena, where the French have an advantage in the number of leaders. Waterloo is also hampered by many very low quality allied units.

They may work for other games, I'm not sure.

I personally prefer NME on. I hate big zone of control kills like in the bad old days of Battleground.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Napoleonic Battles series - Optional Rules Guide V 1.0 - by agmoss99 - 10-23-2020, 09:29 PM