• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

I went Gold! (and boy am I sorry!)
10-22-2020, 11:11 PM,
RE: I went Gold! (and boy am I sorry!)
(10-22-2020, 04:44 PM)Fhil Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 08:22 AM)_72z Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 03:34 AM)Deturk Wrote: I don't care for the NEW Maps either.  So I just copy the old maps from the Disks of the old games.  I still have the Gold with just a better looking Map.    Wink

For what it's worth -check to see if that works in all situations. I am pretty sure that I recall a thread where the map files were changed around some (in Smolensk '41 - maybe a few other titles- as the idea was to get them all to link up).

There was one scenario (one of the longer ones I think in Smolensk maybe) where Russians who were behind ( off the top of my head it was the Dnepr- might have been the Dvina [well the one in the north sort of opposite the Dnepr) - were all of a sudden on the west bank with no way to get away -- so the deployment had to be adjusted.

Just taking the maps from older titles - if you have an OOB file like that - may not work.  

For my money - ultimately it ends up finding and integrating a graphic set ( plus where additional features were added -finding graphics that are compatible/consistent with your new choice) and just go with that.  

I mean -for me, I'd have loved it if the powers that be could see that not having banks/shores hexsides like the grand tactical scales leaves for some really hex-y coastlines, and wide rivers/lakes .... sure a hexside graphic is only really a bit of a bandaid but in those instances  -you can apply some effects that maybe make it slightly less so.   Of course to so so - you have to put some water effects directly on those hexside graphics - not just go with a singular colour (like say green - like is done in the Civil War and probably all of the grand tactical series now ...   however I will concede that you will indeed find a network of people that think the new look is the best thing since sliced bread.

By saying that the new graphics are great, I was reffering to the map graphics that will come with Scheldt title. Current Gold version map - eh, don´t like them that much. I always prefered those Phellipes maps, even over Jison´s graphics. They were much easier to look at without those hexes...

Seconldy, you might have misunderstood Deturks post. He was not referring to the maps themselves, but their graphics. At least I believe so, because copying only the map files from older games´s folder without switching the graphics pictures won´t result in different graphics. Map will still look the same  Helmet Smile

Thumbs Up
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I went Gold! (and boy am I sorry!) - by Green - 10-21-2020, 01:36 PM
RE: I went Gold! (and boy am I sorry!) - by Green - 10-22-2020, 01:08 AM
RE: I went Gold! (and boy am I sorry!) - by Fhil - 10-21-2020, 06:19 PM
RE: I went Gold! (and boy am I sorry!) - by -72- - 10-22-2020, 08:22 AM
RE: I went Gold! (and boy am I sorry!) - by Fhil - 10-22-2020, 04:44 PM
RE: I went Gold! (and boy am I sorry!) - by Deturk - 10-22-2020, 11:11 PM
RE: I went Gold! (and boy am I sorry!) - by bigus - 10-24-2020, 07:56 AM
RE: I went Gold! (and boy am I sorry!) - by wildb - 10-24-2020, 09:07 AM