• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Restoring bunkers to full strength: WAD?
10-12-2020, 03:26 AM,
Restoring bunkers to full strength: WAD?
According to both the old and the updated user manual:

Quote:Abandoned Bunkers and Pillboxes can never be restored to full strength once abandoned or captured.

Lower case bunkers can be improved to BUNKER state when they start as lower case bunkers (that might be intended and doesn't necessarily violate the rules).

However, abandoned bunker hexes can be restored to full strength BUNKER hexes as well, which shouldn't be possible according to the manual.
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2020, 06:45 AM,
RE: Restoring bunkers to full strength: WAD?
I assume you have actually managed to do this, I have never tried.
10-12-2020, 08:52 AM,
(10-12-2020, 03:26 AM)ComradeP Wrote: According to both the old and the updated user manual:

Quote:Abandoned Bunkers and Pillboxes can never be restored to full strength once abandoned or captured.

Lower case bunkers can be improved to BUNKER state when they start as lower case bunkers (that might be intended and doesn't necessarily violate the rules).

However, abandoned bunker hexes can be restored to full strength BUNKER hexes as well, which shouldn't be possible according to the manual.

What's the difference between "abandoned" and "vacated"?

the rules say, 

Under Fortifications:
Abandoned Bunkers and Pillboxes can never be restored to full strength once abandoned or captured. 

Under digging in, 
On subsequent turns, based on a probability, there is the chance that the hex will either: • Lose the property of being Vacated, if it was Vacated.
10-12-2020, 03:52 PM,
Quote:I assume you have actually managed to do this, I have never tried.

Yes, I ran a few tests yesterday in Kharkov '43. Fortifications that start as bunker hexes and abandoned/vacated hexes could both be restored to BUNKER state.

Quote:What's the difference between "abandoned" and "vacated"?

I'm not sure whether there is any. I interpret both words as meaning: all of the defenders move out of the fortified hex.