• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updates to Alan Arvold's Kursk scenarios
09-12-2020, 08:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 02:21 AM by Crossroads.)
News  Updates to Alan Arvold's Kursk scenarios
A quick post to let everyone know Alan's made some revisions to his Kursk maps, especially to the area near Hill 252.2 and the anti-tank ditch and minefields around it.

The updated scenarios are:

... and then, of course, Prokhorovka itself. I need a bit more information from Alan before I can upload that one - and it is a biggie - so stay tuned for that one. 

Here's Alan's Design Notes for the revision:

The files that I have included above are updates on my Prokhorovka scenario and two of the sub scenarios off of it. The changes have to do with physical barriers, namely the anti-tank ditch on the south side of Hill 252.2. In my original scenario, then shape of it was based on a German map of Prokhorovka where the owner penciled in the approximate location of the ditch on the map. While the pencil-mark was in the general location of the ditch, it was not in the exact location nor in the correct shape. I therefore corrected the location and shape of the ditch. In addition, further research has shown that a hasty minefield was in place in front of the ditch along its entire length and even went over the railroad berm and continued on for a short distance north-east of Smoroshevoye Woods. The Germans never cleared these out, save for the area around the road leading up to Hill 252.2, mostly due to lack of time, considering that they only captured the hill the evening before. Also, there are a series of minefields and block hexes behind the German SS Armored Recon Battalion LAH. These were part of a larger barrier line that the Germans broke through on the 10th of July, 1943. The German engineers spent the 11th of July dismantling this barrier line and what's on the map is what they had left to dismantle on the morning of the 12th of July when the battle started.
Hill Hill 252.2 (Subset of Prokhorovka - The Historical Battle) 252.2 (Subset of Prokhorovka - The Historical Battle) 
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2020, 10:50 PM,
RE: Updates to Alan Arvold's Kursk scenarios
Nice!!

Thanks Crossroads for posting these changes up!! Big Grin
09-14-2020, 02:22 AM,
RE: Updates to Alan Arvold's Kursk scenarios
I have updated the Opening Post with link to Prokhorovka - The Historical Battle, where the map / scenario files have been updated for the latest information on anti-tank ditch and minefields.
Visit us at CSLegion.com