• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Update: - Units defending in Melee fire at 100% fire ??
09-05-2020, 10:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 10:35 PM by Nortan.)
RE: Update: - Units defending in Melee fire at 100% fire ??
I totally disagree with the statement that frontal attacks will be very hard... No! They have to be very difficult! Or at least somewhat more difficult than it is.

If attacking and defending players aren't inexperienced novices, the attacker side will always have advantage in Napoleonic battles with previous mechanics and NO MDF. I saw this many times in both roles. The reasons for this are mainly the high stacking level and attack column formations bonuses. Even when defenders have high-ground positions with good-quality battalions - it wouldn't help in 80% cases. If the attacker will be able to close with the positions - he just has to push forward with "full stacked" columns. As far as 50% fire very rarely cause disrupted status(sometimes it fires at a distance of two hexes, and during melee it does not even fire - which is simply outrageous) and the fact that fullstack of C-quality units will have much more effective attacking force than one large A-quality battalion with high-ground and no fatigue (one battalion because it's very rare situation when defender can form the line of defence with more than one battalion in it - even with large armies scales) - it will end in many lost initial struggles from defender side. Disrupted, additionally with 50% fire, they cant cause any losses, and routed making disrupted other battalions. So - the great hole in the line of defence, as I saw it many times, is created. Very typical, but one of the most effective tactics. Alas!

I don't think a better rate of fire will completely solve this problem. But I hope that at least high quality battalions will make disrupted the approaching enemies with devastating volleys.

[Image: Battle_of_Raszyn_rec2006-6.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Update: - Units defending in Melee fire at 100% fire ?? - by Nortan - 09-05-2020, 10:31 PM