• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Template for 2Dunit100 bmp for SB Red Victory and Others in Series
08-30-2020, 10:22 AM,
Template for 2Dunit100 bmp for SB Red Victory and Others in Series
I wanted to modify some unit pictures in the .bmp ,for starters in Red Victory.I tried doing it using cut and paste in XP Paint and had some success but my pictures are slightly out of alignment where the odd picture overlaps other pictures in game.Can I download a gridded empty template so I know exactly where to drop my pasted images?
I would like for example a lightly gridded box that has little spaces to drop all my pictures into the bmp.

A template for Red Victory would be cool,but other games in the series if templates are available I would be interested too.

Alternatively what method is suggested,I am not good with graphics and only want free programs and I sure other paint programs other than old XP Paint would be better.The reason I used XP Paint is because it is really simple interface,I do have WIN 10,but have not used the more modern Win 10 paint,maybe I should or Gimp maybe.
Ideas.
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2020, 10:24 PM,
RE: Template for 2Dunit100 bmp for SB Red Victory and Others in Series
(08-30-2020, 10:22 AM)Barly Wrote: I wanted to modify some unit pictures in the .bmp ,for starters in Red Victory.I tried doing it using cut and paste in XP Paint and had some success but my pictures are slightly out of alignment where the odd picture overlaps other pictures in game.Can I download a gridded empty template so I know exactly where to drop my pasted images?
I would like for example a lightly gridded box that has little spaces to drop all my pictures into the bmp.

A template for Red Victory would be cool,but other games in the series if templates are available I would be interested too.

Alternatively what method is suggested,I am not good with graphics and only want free programs and I sure other paint programs other than old XP Paint would be better.The reason I used XP Paint is because it is really simple interface,I do have WIN 10,but have not used the more modern Win 10 paint,maybe I should or Gimp maybe.
Ideas.

Most paint programs should (I would think) have an option to superimpose a grid on an image. Then, you count the amount of images shown across, divide the pixel count by this and that is the horizontal, then same for height, then you have your centering. Most of the paint programs I used have it, you may have to turn it on first.

To make it easier, here are some of the settings

Info
Units.bmp-108x94
Vehicles.bmp-260x120
Vehicle Wpns.bmp-38x130
Weapons.bmp-38x130
Guns.bmp-260x120
Hvy Weapons.bmp-179x110
Misc.bmp-108x110
Aircraft.bmp-260x120

Map

Guns 100-56x26
Vehicles 100-50x24
2DHvyWpns100-34x20
2DWeapons100-10x34
2D Units100-44x38
3D Vehicles-140x108
2d 100 Misc- 34x34
2d gully100-76x62
2d terrain100-76x62
2d sides 100-76x62

Hope this helps? Oh, try Gimp, it is a free program.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
08-31-2020, 04:02 PM,
I tried MS Paint Win10 version,that does have a grid option in view ,so I will use that at least for present.Seems much the same as Xp Paint anyway.

Your dimensions for Map 2dunits100 and others do help,as there is a 'pixel bearing' given in Win10 Paint.

Thanks for your answer.

Yet to try Gimp(slight disclaimer did use Gimp a few years ago for Fantasy Virtual Tabletop gaming but only to change transparency and It has been so long,I forgot how to do that now),wanted an easy approach which I have now using Win10Paint.

In case anyone else is interested you can open 2 copys of Paint at once and copy/paste from one to the other for some simple unit picture changes.For example you can grab a unit bmp from another game in the SB series or mod and do some cut/pasting.What drew me to trying this was I downloaded the IronX RV Mod from Task Force Echo and his 2dunits100 was missing a few pics for infantry where Xs were placed,I replaced these Xs for my own game by copy/pasting a variety of his other pics over the Xs.Voila,worked well,all infantry units in game now have a picture.

Also XP Paint does work,my initial results in game were certainly playable,slight errors looked like movement suggestive features in game on the affected infantry when my spacing was a little bit out.

Another change I made to Red Victory was to replace the Snow bmp with a renamed Mud bmp I had downloaded ,the default white snow was blinding me and I struggled to play snow maps,Now i can play them easily using my new brown mud frozen tiles.
09-01-2020, 06:20 AM,
(08-31-2020, 04:02 PM)Barly Wrote: I tried MS Paint Win10 version,that does have a grid option in view ,so I will use that at least for present.Seems much the same as Xp Paint anyway.

Your dimensions for Map 2dunits100 and others do help,as there is a 'pixel bearing' given in Win10 Paint.

Thanks for your answer.

Yet to try Gimp(slight disclaimer did use Gimp a few years ago for Fantasy Virtual Tabletop gaming but only to change transparency and It has been so long,I forgot how to do that now),wanted an easy approach which I have now using Win10Paint.

In case anyone else is interested you can open 2 copys of Paint at once and copy/paste from one to the other for some simple unit picture changes.For example you can grab a unit bmp from another game in the SB series or mod and do some cut/pasting.What drew me to trying this was I downloaded the IronX RV Mod from Task Force Echo and his 2dunits100 was missing a few pics for infantry where Xs were placed,I replaced these Xs for my own game by copy/pasting a variety of his other pics over the Xs.Voila,worked well,all infantry units in game now have a picture.

Also XP Paint does work,my initial results in game were certainly playable,slight errors looked like movement suggestive features in game on the affected infantry when my spacing was a  little bit out.

Another change I made to Red Victory was to replace the Snow bmp with a renamed Mud bmp I had downloaded ,the default white snow was blinding me and I struggled to play snow maps,Now i can play them easily using my new brown mud frozen tiles.

You're welcome!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/