• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What happened to the disruption markers?
08-19-2020, 08:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2020, 08:24 AM by Mowgli.)
What happened to the disruption markers?
"Disrupted" is probably the most important status in the game. But it is not visible on the units' counters on the map. You can only see the status written on the unit card. So you have to click through all the individual unit cards every single turn to see which units are disrupted and which are not. 

Maybe I'm just spoiled, but to me the lack of disruption makers makes SquadBattle titles almost unplayable. 

Now, the interesting part is that there are markers on the counters for the "pinned" status. And apparently, there were similar markers for the "disrupted" status (see attachment; taken from the designer notes of the "First World War" Squad Battles title)? I'm relatively new to Tiller games, so I can't tell if these ever worked? The symbol is still present in the Symbols-file, it just seems as if the sprite/slot is not linked to/coded to the status ingame?

PS: Also there is no hotkey for toggling "ground mode" in First World War Squad Battles? :o

Attached Files
.png   Unbenannt.png (Size: 135.37 KB / Downloads: 10)
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2020, 09:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2020, 09:55 AM by Warhorse.)
RE: What happened to the disruption markers?
(08-19-2020, 08:19 AM)Mowgli Wrote: "Disrupted" is probably the most important status in the game. But it is not visible on the units' counters on the map. You can only see the status written on the unit card. So you have to click through all the individual unit cards every single turn to see which units are disrupted and which are not. 

Maybe I'm just spoiled, but to me the lack of disruption makers makes SquadBattle titles almost unplayable. 

Now, the interesting part is that there are markers on the counters for the "pinned" status. And apparently, there were similar markers for the "disrupted" status (see attachment; taken from the designer notes of the "First World War" Squad Battles title)? I'm relatively new to Tiller games, so I can't tell if these ever worked? The symbol is still present in the Symbols-file, it just seems as if the sprite/slot is not linked to/coded to the status ingame?

PS: Also there is no hotkey for toggling "ground mode" in First World War Squad Battles? :o

Never was man, that D is for Demoralized, it shows up when they go past pinned state, and are in real deep shit!!

Also, for all SB titles, the 0 in the NUM pad is the hotkey, just tried it in FWW, it works?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
08-19-2020, 11:31 AM,
Real deep shit!  Yikes

Yeah know what you mean Mike. Big Laugh
08-19-2020, 03:02 PM,
(08-19-2020, 09:51 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Never was man, that D is for Demoralized, it shows up when they go past pinned state, and are in real deep shit!!

Also, for all SB titles, the 0 in the NUM pad is the hotkey, just tried it in FWW, it works?

Oh right. :( The D is for demoralized, not pinned. Still the point stands that a disrupted marker would be a big improvement as it is such an important status (*0.5 firepower) and the game requires me to click through all the individual units to see it.

Thanks for pointing out "keypad 0". I haven't played SB in a while and thought it was spacebar for some reason.
08-19-2020, 03:02 PM,
(08-19-2020, 11:31 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: Real deep shit!  Yikes

??
08-20-2020, 01:00 AM,
(08-19-2020, 03:02 PM)Mowgli Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 09:51 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Never was man, that D is for Demoralized, it shows up when they go past pinned state, and are in real deep shit!!

Oh right. :( The D is for demoralized, not pinned. Still the point stands that a disrupted marker would be a big improvement as it is such an important status (*0.5 firepower) and the game requires me to click through all the individual units to see it.

Thanks for pointing out "keypad 0". I haven't played SB in a while and thought it was spacebar for some reason.
 Best to avoid stacking units together as much as possible due to density factors...especially in FWW where single squads could still be 30 men...
08-20-2020, 01:14 AM,
I am not an authority, but I seem to recall that the Disrupted marker has been discussed before. Seems to me that the answer was that it was a hard-coding issue, and therefore could not be done by mods of any kind.

But I might be wrong.

Steve
08-20-2020, 01:50 AM,
(08-20-2020, 01:00 AM)kolc Wrote:

Best to avoid stacking units together as much as possible due to density factors...especially in FWW where single squads could still be 30 men...

I tend to click through the opponents and see if they're disrupted ;). The point is that it is extremely cumbersome in medium-large scenarios. 

Yes it is in the code. But it can't be so complicated given that the markers exist for other statuses. If nobody can take the time to link a new sprite slot to the "disrupted" status, then I would rather get rid of the "demoralized" marker instead. Disruption is more common and more important.
08-20-2020, 07:35 AM,
(08-19-2020, 11:31 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: Real deep shit!  Yikes

??

John and I are testing out my scenario's for the mod, he is just agreeing about the real deep shit part!! We just got finished a Greek-Italo War battle, very hard for the Greeks!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

08-20-2020, 07:37 AM,
(08-20-2020, 01:50 AM)Mowgli Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 01:00 AM)kolc Wrote:

I tend to click through the opponents and see if they're disrupted ;). The point is that it is extremely cumbersome in medium-large scenarios. 

Yes it is in the code. But it can't be so complicated given that the markers exist for other statuses. If nobody can take the time to link a new sprite slot to the "disrupted" status, then I would rather get rid of the "demoralized" marker instead. Disruption is more common and more important.
Yeah, sure would be nice to have Disrupted status, I gotta say, most of my scenario's are fairly large, and would be nice to see that at a glance!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue